What to expect with COVID19, double jabbed AZ

• Thread starter pinball1970
  • Start date
In summary: I've done the Pfizer, the full cousre. Got Covid in May - my antibodies shot up from 700BAU to >2070BAU(upper limit of the scale, could be much higher, TrimmericS test).Suicidal headaches for 4 days straight and runny nose. Slightly elevated temperature for 1 day. The headaches were of the cluster headaches type. You don't want to know what a cluster headache is.Got it again this September - lost all sense of smell for 1 month, and was at 50% for another month. Now is 100%. A bit of high body temp for a day. No headaches the second time. I am not overly impressed by the vaccines but still glad
StevieTNZ said:
Delta is spreading in NZ, it -was- contained in the Auckland region but of course the border was penetrated and those who shouldn't have passed through to other regions of NZ. We've given up on the elimination stragedy and will soon move to the 'traffic light' system (https://covid19.govt.nz/alert-levels-and-updates/covid-19-protection/). It wouldn't surprise me by year end I've caught delta (I've had two Pfizer shots).
Boosters available?

Biology news on Phys.org
pinball1970 said:
Boosters available?
Booster shots for the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines have been approved in Canada -- currently for those who are immunocompromised, or those 70 years of age and above, although I have read reports that booster shots will be eventually made available to everyone 12 years of age and above.

Likes pinball1970
@pinball1970 Sorry to learn of your illness. Thanks for the detailed descriptions of your Covid experience, grim or exuberant.

I received my third Pfizer vaccine dose last month. Today I told my physical therapist something about "feeling ten years younger; like a sixty year old who exercises.".

Likes pinball1970 and atyy
In any case, I will attempt not to catch it while trying to live life as normal as possible. I've started taking zinc 9mg (alongside B6 and magnesium mixed in) supplement (my now ex psychiatrist prescribed me 50mg of zinc to take daily as he said it is a good anti-viral agent). Funnily enough, I suspect that's how he expects to cope once Covid reaches his area, because he's only my ex-psychiatrist now due to refusing to comply with the vaccine mandate for health workers - "under no cirumstances will I take this experimental biological agent".

• Wow
Likes SolarisOne and atyy
StevieTNZ said:
In any case, I will attempt not to catch it while trying to live life as normal as possible. I've started taking zinc 9mg (alongside B6 and magnesium mixed in) supplement (my now ex psychiatrist prescribed me 50mg of zinc to take daily as he said it is a good anti-viral agent). Funnily enough, I suspect that's how he expects to cope once Covid reaches his area, because he's only my ex-psychiatrist now due to refusing to comply with the vaccine mandate for health workers - "under no cirumstances will I take this experimental biological agent".
I read an interview with an A&E doctor recently. She said she sees patients every day with complications from COVID, but is yet to treat a patient for complications from vaccination.

Your ex-psychiatrist shows an interesting bias towards avoiding particular risks while accepting greater risks. It's difficult to justify that the risk of vaccination is greater than the risk of getting COVID. Even if the vaccine is more exprimental than usual and carries a greater risk than other vaccines, the risks of COVID itself are well established and significant. It's clear that the unvaccinated remain at serious risk - and are filling the ICU beds in most western counties, to the detriment of the healthcare that the rest of us can expect to receive.

To that extent, people like your ex-psychiatrist create a very real medical threat to us all whereby we may be denied life-saving medical treatment because they are monopolising all the ICU beds! And, generally they are overextending the health services on which we all depend.

Last edited:
Likes StevieTNZ, BillTre and pinball1970
He is rather arrogant. The only advantage is now I have a new psychiatrist who 1. actually spends one whole hour with me and 2. asks me questions based on the talking points sheet I give.

Likes SolarisOne and atyy
Back