What sparked my passion for learning and how can I continue to fuel it?

• Thread starter Fr0stBite
  • Start date
In summary, my passion for learning was sparked by a combination of curiosity, personal growth, and the satisfaction of acquiring knowledge. To continue fueling this passion, I can actively seek out new and challenging opportunities, engage in self-reflection, and surround myself with other passionate learners. It is also important to set goals, stay motivated, and be open to learning from different sources. Ultimately, my passion for learning can be sustained through a continuous thirst for knowledge and a willingness to embrace new experiences and ideas.
Fr0stBite
How did you find PF?
Through a search on explaining subatomic particles.
Hello all,

I love learning. Recently a spark in interest with the fundamentals of life. It is very common to be taught and not question the "How?" We where taught that π is the circumference of a circle divided by the diameter. But my curiosity asks, "How do we know that?" What was done in the past to conclude such? It is because of this passionate wonder that led me here.

My name is Micah Wright, I am 21 years of age as this post is being written. My furthest official (Or socially accepted standard) of education is simply high school. But even in high school I was not fond of learning the traditional way. I couldn't focus. I had questions that couldn't be answered and I lost interest very quickly. At that point I focused on being a kid really. It wasn't until Junior year in high school that I began to take studies seriously. I attended a technically school for my Junior and Senior year of high school. My study there was Electrical Technology. I was extremely fascinated by the fundamentals of electricity. We seem to understand how it works quite well but fail to understand exactly where it comes from. This intrigued me.

Once I graduated I've spent the last 3 years of my life doing work that we will keep undisclosed. I am just recently starting the fire in my heart back up again for the very thing that keeps me intrigued. I aspire to study at Georgia Technical Institute about two years from now. Given that this is a big goal for me, I am working hard at relearning the fundamentals and accumulating as much knowledge as possible prior to application to Georgia Tech.

I believe learning never stops and you are never too old or too young to start. I asked an elderly man who I looked up to throughout my electrical studies, and he told me one of the only things he regrets in life is not learning more. I am taking this to heart and applying myself to fight mediocracy. I am hoping PhysicsForums can put me in a place with like minded individuals of people who are very knowledgeable that can assist me with my curious mind.

Sorry for the long introduction. I am just very motivated right now.

Cheers,
Micah

Likes davenn, berkeman and PeroK
Physics news on Phys.org
:welcome: