What sparked my interest in quantum physics and alternative energies?

• Thread starter Gihelpe
  • Start date
In summary, my interest in quantum physics and alternative energies was sparked by a desire to understand the fundamental building blocks of the universe and the potential for harnessing renewable and sustainable sources of energy. The concept of quantum mechanics, with its mind-bending principles of superposition and entanglement, captivated me and led me to explore the possibilities of using these principles to revolutionize energy production. Additionally, the pressing need for alternative energies in the face of climate change and diminishing fossil fuel reserves further motivated me to delve into this fascinating field. Through my studies and research, I have gained a deeper appreciation for the complex and interconnected nature of our world and the potential for quantum physics to shape our future.
Gihelpe
Hello,

I am a retired engineer in the field of telecommunications per satellite (Alcatel Alenia Space).
I am fascinated by quantum physics since a few years. I started by reading a lot of popularization books in this field but I tried to avoid the underlying maths. Recently I decided to lift the veil precautiously and I went into the "The Theoretical Minimum" by Leonard Susskind.
I am also very interested by alternative énergies and everything that is scientific or simply technical.

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the PF! :smile: