What minor pairs well with a math major for financial success after graduation?

• Programs
  • Thread starter kramer733
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Minor
In summary, the conversation is about a person who is not yet in university but only needs one more semester of high school to get in. They are planning on majoring in math and are looking for a minor that will provide financial stability after graduation. They are not interested in economics but are considering a minor in computer science since it can be a lucrative combination with math. They are advised to try programming in Python first to see if they enjoy it.
kramer733
I'm not in university yet but i only need one more semester of high school to get into university. I'm planning on majoring in math but i want to get a minor with it as well. Does anybody know what minor along with math will get me money right out of graduation? I heard economics is bs so i don't really want to go into that. I want to play the stock market a little bit as well.

Physics news on Phys.org
Math+CS is a lucrative combo, but only if you really love programming. o_O If you have never messed around with programming, perhaps you could play with some Python and see if you like it.

Related to What minor pairs well with a math major for financial success after graduation?

1. What is the importance of choosing a minor?

Choosing a minor can help you develop a more well-rounded education and provide you with additional skills and knowledge that can complement your major. It can also make you stand out to potential employers and help you explore different interests and career paths.

2. How do I decide on a minor?

When deciding on a minor, it is important to consider your interests, career goals, and how the minor will complement your major. You can also talk to academic advisors or professors for guidance and research the requirements and courses for different minors to see which best aligns with your goals.

3. Can I choose any minor with my major?

In most cases, you can choose any minor with your major as long as it is offered by your university and you meet the requirements. However, some majors may have restrictions or recommended minors, so it is important to check with your department or advisor.

4. How many credits will a minor require?

The number of credits required for a minor varies depending on the university and the specific minor. Typically, a minor will require around 18-24 credits, which is equivalent to 6-8 courses.

5. Will a minor affect my graduation timeline?

In most cases, a minor will not significantly affect your graduation timeline. As long as you plan your courses carefully and meet all requirements, you can still graduate in the same amount of time. However, some majors may have limited space for electives, so it is important to plan ahead and make sure you can fit in the required courses for your minor.