What makes physics interesting to physica majors?

In summary, physics majors find physics interesting because it is the heart of everything. Learning the basics allows you to question and explore your existence further.
Blockeus
What makes physics interesting to physics majors (ik this is kind of general)? Also how could I get interested into physics.

Physics news on Phys.org
When you learn physics then you just don't learn some rules and regulations but you become aware of your existence. You even question about it. You see, when we ask frequently about something then we start to know many hidden qualities of it even succeeded to evolve. Physics is the heart of everything. Is not it beautiful learning the basic, improving it and appying it to help the human civilization? If phusics doesn't attract you then we can't force you to study. But if you eager to answer the question of "why" then you have to study physics. Philosophy is the part of physics. So, take deep breathe and ask what do you want. An average life or a rough but thrilling life? Choice is yours and resources are ours!

where do I start learning about physics :eek:

Look, it is not the real question. First you have to decide whether you really want to study physics or not. Then you have to answer why you chose physics, what made you to come here. If you answer these questions to yourself then you will get every questions answer. We are not forcing you to study physics, are we? So, why are you talking like nuts? You are here not to ask some rubbish, be specific and make your self worthy of this community. Sorry to be rude but it is the reality. Hope you will understand my words this time.

ok thanks;p - I thoughts physics seemed interesting considering its relationship to physical interactions like how things move/reactions etc.. ?

You really are a nuts! Be serious ok and don't waste your time like this...

Blockeus said:
where do I start learning about physics :eek:

Well, if you really want to get RIGHT into it, then halliday and resnick fundamentals of physics book would be a good place to start. But if your not an ace in your math background, then I recommend starting from books for beginners. Because Physics needs a good understanding of mathematics: I recommend these books:

Schaums college algebra
Schaums basic mathematics with applications to science and technology

And the for dummies series is good too,

Mod note: Deleted links to websites offering copyright material for free.

Last edited by a moderator:
thankyou

Related to What makes physics interesting to physica majors?

1. What is the purpose of studying physics?

Physicists study the fundamental laws and principles that govern the behavior of matter and energy in our universe. This knowledge can be applied to a wide range of fields, including engineering, technology, and medicine.

2. What skills do physics majors develop?

Physics majors develop critical thinking and problem solving skills, as well as strong mathematical and analytical abilities. They also learn how to design and conduct experiments, analyze data, and communicate complex ideas.

3. What are some interesting topics in physics?

Some interesting topics in physics include quantum mechanics, relativity, astrophysics, and particle physics. Other areas of interest may include biophysics, materials science, and environmental physics.

4. How does physics relate to other sciences?

Physics is often referred to as the "fundamental science" because it provides a foundation for other fields such as chemistry, biology, and geology. Many concepts in physics, such as energy, force, and motion, are applicable to other sciences.

5. What are some career options for physics majors?

Physics majors have a wide range of career options, including research and development in industry, government, and academia. They can also work in fields such as engineering, finance, data science, and education. Some may choose to pursue graduate studies in physics or a related field.