What is the Role of Scientific Philosophy in Understanding Physics?

• Thread starter LifelongLearner125
  • Start date
In summary, scientific philosophy plays a crucial role in understanding physics by providing a framework for interpreting and analyzing the fundamental principles and laws of the physical world. It helps scientists to approach complex phenomena through logical reasoning, critical thinking, and empirical evidence. Additionally, scientific philosophy encourages the exploration of new ideas and theories, leading to advancements in our understanding of the universe. By combining the principles of philosophy and science, we are able to gain a deeper understanding of the natural world and its underlying principles.
LifelongLearner125
How did you find PF?
Google Search
Hello All, just saying Hi. I joined the forum to interact with others to discuss and get clarifications on fundamentals of physics.

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the forum. you've come to the right place.

Thank you. I was looking to discuss some ideas and questions I have on the 'reality' of physics laws and wrote up a sub stack article describing the context and the questions. I will find a place to post it here and get some feedback, learning and discussion.

Welcome to PF. :smile:

LifelongLearner125 said:
Thank you. I was looking to discuss some ideas and questions I have on the 'reality' of physics laws and wrote up a sub stack article describing the context and the questions. I will find a place to post it here and get some feedback, learning and discussion.
Just a heads-up to avoid philosophy, since philosophical discussions are not allowed here (we do not have Mentors who are qualified to Moderate philosophical discussions). Also, when starting threads in the technical forums, it's best to post links to the reading you've been doing so far. Thanks :smile:

Likes PeroK
Thank you berkeman. You sensed it right, it does veer into scientific philosophy direction though only just a bit to set the context, that is not the focus. I will read some of the forums and see where my questions may fit. Thank you for the direction.