What is the Role of Electric Field Distribution in the Brain?

In summary, the electric field distribution in the brain plays a crucial role in the functioning of the brain. The electric field, generated by the movement of ions in neurons, allows for communication between different parts of the brain and influences neural activity and behavior. Changes in the distribution of the electric field have been linked to various neurological disorders and conditions, highlighting the importance of understanding and studying this phenomenon. Advanced techniques such as electroencephalography (EEG) and transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) are used to map and manipulate the electric field distribution in the brain, providing insights into brain function and potential therapeutic interventions.
afmower
Hi,

I have a PhD in Molecular Neuroscience but am currently working on something that requires a deeper understanding of electric field distribution in the brain. I joined the forum hoping to be able to discuss this topic with a fellow scientist who specializes in this field.

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the PF. Great to have you here! :smile:

berkeman said:
Welcome to the PF. Great to have you here! :smile:
Thank you. I like how your chose a motorcycle for your avatar. :smile:

Likes berkeman