What is the Relationship Between Concurrence and Three Tangle in Quantum States?

In summary, the conversation discusses the formula for calculating the three tangle using concurrence. The formula is related to the concurrence and can be used to calculate the density matrix of a state. The GHZ state should have a positive tangle value while the W state should have a tangle value of zero. The participants also request for help in understanding and calculating the tangle, and ask for any available code for reference. However, as this is an old thread, it is suggested to start a new thread in the appropriate forum for further assistance.
munirah
Good day,

May anyone help me to confirm the formula use for three tangle using concurrence.

From my reading,

three tangle,

$$\tau=\tau_{A(BC)}-\tau_{AB}-\tau_{AC}$$

and it can be related to concurrence

$$\tau=C^2_{A(BC)}-C^2_{AB}-C^2_{AC}$$

and I used formula for C is

$$C^2=2-(Tr\rho^2_1+Tr\rho^2_2)$$ where $$\rho$$ is partial trace.
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]
When I calculate the GHZ state, I get zero. It suppose
[/FONT]$$\tau>0$$ for GHZ state and $$\tau=0$$ for W state
May I know, what it mean by the $$\tau$$ here. Please help me.

And How I can calculated the density matrix of the state using three tangle. May anyone show me an example. I'm really stuck. Please help me.

Thank you.
[/FONT]

Thank you Greg Bernhardt. It is ok for this. I will make other question.

munirah said:
Good day,

May anyone help me to confirm the formula use for three tangle using concurrence.

From my reading,

three tangle,

$$\tau=\tau_{A(BC)}-\tau_{AB}-\tau_{AC}$$

and it can be related to concurrence

$$\tau=C^2_{A(BC)}-C^2_{AB}-C^2_{AC}$$

and I used formula for C is

$$C^2=2-(Tr\rho^2_1+Tr\rho^2_2)$$ where $$\rho$$ is partial trace.
When I calculate the GHZ state, I get zero. It suppose
[/FONT]$$\tau>0$$ for GHZ state and $$\tau=0$$ for W state
May I know, what it mean by the $$\tau$$ here. Please help me.

And How I can calculated the density matrix of the state using three tangle. May anyone show me an example. I'm really stuck. Please help me.

Thank you.
[/FONT]

can you share me how to calculate the tangle. Its very urgent thing for me. And if possible please send me the code for that.

Hello,, even I am also struck in this. It is very needed for me. can you please share me how to calculate tangle manually and if you have code please send me. It will be a great helpfull for me. please send me today. Most wanted problem.

Appu said:
Hello,, even I am also struck in this. It is very needed for me. can you please share me how to calculate tangle manually and if you have code please send me. It will be a great helpfull for me. please send me today. Most wanted problem.
Welcome to PF. :smile:

This thread is over 5 years old, and the Original Poster (OP) has not been here since 2017. If this is a question for your work, start a new thread in the appropriate technical forum, and show what you have found so far. If this is for schoolwork, start a new thread in the Homework Help forums, and show your work on the problem.

BTW, please do not use text speak like "please" at PF. It is not allowed. Thank you.

Sorry for the mistake Sir. It won't repeat again.
Thank you.

Likes berkeman

Related to What is the Relationship Between Concurrence and Three Tangle in Quantum States?

1. What is concurrence?

Concurrence is a measure of the degree of entanglement between two or more quantum systems. It is a measure of how much the quantum state of one system depends on the state of another system.

2. What is three tangle?

Three tangle is a measure of tripartite entanglement, specifically for three qubits. It quantifies the amount of entanglement between three qubits in a quantum system.

3. How is concurrence calculated?

Concurrence is calculated by taking the square root of the product of the two largest eigenvalues of the density matrix of the quantum system.

4. What does a high concurrence or three tangle value indicate?

A high concurrence or three tangle value indicates a high degree of entanglement between the quantum systems. This can be useful for applications in quantum communication and quantum computing.

5. Can concurrence and three tangle be measured experimentally?

Yes, concurrence and three tangle can be measured experimentally using various methods such as quantum state tomography, quantum state discrimination, and quantum fidelity estimation.