What is the preferred drink for electrical engineers designing circuits?

• Thread starter dijkarte
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Ee
In summary, electrical engineers designing circuits usually drink coffee. If they are feeling energetic, they might drink espresso. After lunch, they might drink tea.
dijkarte
The most common drink for computer scientists is coffee. What do electrical engineers designing circuits usually drink? What do you suggest to drink while designing a circuit?

Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
dijkarte said:
The most common drink for computer scientists is coffee. What do electrical engineers designing circuits usually drink? What do you suggest to drink while designing a circuit?

Thanks.

Aged burbon. The circuits will work much more smoothly.

Interesting! I thought they drink something more caffeinated like Redbull. Anyway I will try it and see how my circuits work.

dijkarte said:
Interesting! I thought they drink something more caffeinated like Redbull. Anyway I will try it and see how my circuits work.

No, Red Bull will make your waveforms all spiky.

Anything that has [itex] C_2H_5OH \;[/itex] in it..... :smile::biggrin:

Ok I'm sticking with sea water. YESSSSSSSSSSSS! :bugeye:

smoothies

Analog Smoothies!

Sorry guys, I created this thread as a joke...and as some already know I'm just learning things and it will be a long journey.:biggrin:

Bong water

Tim Hortons!

Classic Coke until age 30.

Then the routine is coffee in the morning, coffee through lunch, espresso x3, and finally coffee until 5pm. After that you start drinking iced tea.

PCB obviously.

My favorites are Redbull and Coke.

My dad works with a lot of electrical engineers and most of them drink tea, although this is Britain so tea goes with everything.

KrisOhn said:
PCB obviously.
Let's have a toast with 1,1,1-Trichloroethane to celebrate our clean PCBs. :biggrin:

Although not as toxic as many similar compounds, inhaled or ingested 1,1,1-trichloroethane does act as a central nervous system depressant and can cause effects similar to those of intoxication,...

trollcast said:
My dad works with a lot of electrical engineers and most of them drink tea, although this is Britain so tea goes with everything.

Although I am not by any stretch of imagination an EE, I have taught EE labs and lectures, and I drink 3 to 4 medium to large mugs of tea every day.

My conclusion:

EE drink is tea
CS drink is coffee

:smile:

dijkarte said:
My conclusion:

EE drink is tea
CS drink is coffee

:smile:

I was friends with a couple of the EE people with whom I worked: one drank water and one drank coffee.

The subject seems more complicated than I thought. Maybe I will do more research. This can be a good PhD thesis.

Related to What is the preferred drink for electrical engineers designing circuits?

1. What is the preferred drink for electrical engineers designing circuits?

The preferred drink for electrical engineers designing circuits is typically coffee. The caffeine helps to keep them alert and focused during long hours of work.

2. Why do electrical engineers prefer coffee over other drinks?

Coffee contains caffeine, which is a stimulant that can help improve focus and attention. This is especially helpful for electrical engineers who need to concentrate on complex tasks for extended periods of time.

3. Can other drinks be beneficial for electrical engineers designing circuits?

Yes, other drinks such as tea, energy drinks, or even water can also be beneficial for electrical engineers. However, coffee is the most popular choice due to its high caffeine content.

4. Are there any drinks that electrical engineers should avoid?

Electrical engineers should avoid drinks with high sugar content, as they can cause a spike in energy levels followed by a crash, which can negatively impact their work productivity. It is important for them to choose drinks that provide sustained energy and focus.

5. Is it necessary for electrical engineers to drink caffeine while designing circuits?

No, it is not necessary for electrical engineers to drink caffeine while designing circuits. However, many find that it helps them to stay alert and focused, so it has become a popular choice among professionals in this field.