What is the literature on squeezed electric field modes in accelerated frames?

In summary, Phil and Mike are discussing reading material on squeezed electric field modes in accelerated frames. Mike recommends several books, but Phil asks for suggestions on narrowing down the field. Phil plans to go to the library to pick up these books.
Philcorp
Trying to do some reading on squeezed electric field modes in accelerated frames, and it's a bit much. Anyone have any suggestions as to some literature to familiarize myself with before i go any further? Thanks

Phil

Physics news on Phys.org
Hey Phil, I've been trying to read about this too and have had the following books recommended:

Birrell & Davies, Quantum fields in curved space
Fulling, Aspects of quantum field theory in curved space-time
Bjorken & Drell, Relativistic quantum mechanics
Bjorken & Drell, Relativistic quantum fields
Scully & Zubairy, Quantum optics
Meystre & Sargent III, Elements of quantum optics

This is obviously a whole lot of reading for a summer undergrad project... Anybody have any suggestions on narrowing the field, either to one of these texts or another suggestion, to help make papers such as Alsing & Milburn's Teleportation with a uniformly accelerated partner more accessible? I've taken undergrad courses in GR, QM and E&M but have no QFT experience.

Thanks,
Mike

Thanks mike. I am going to head over to the library today and pick up a couple of those books. Your reference will hopefully be appreciated.

Thx again

Phil

Related to What is the literature on squeezed electric field modes in accelerated frames?

1. What are squeezed field modes?

Squeezed field modes are states of light that have been manipulated to have reduced quantum noise in one of its quadrature components. This is achieved through a process called squeezing, which redistributes the quantum noise from one quadrature to the other.

2. How are squeezed field modes created?

Squeezed field modes are created through a process called parametric down-conversion, where a high-intensity laser beam is passed through a nonlinear crystal to generate two lower-intensity beams with correlated quantum states. One of these beams is then further manipulated to produce the squeezed state.

3. What are the applications of squeezed field modes?

Squeezed field modes have many potential applications in quantum technologies, such as quantum communication, precision measurement, and quantum computing. They can also be used in improving the sensitivity of gravitational wave detectors.

4. How do squeezed field modes differ from traditional laser light?

Squeezed field modes have a reduced level of quantum noise in one quadrature, while traditional laser light has equal noise in both quadratures. This makes squeezed field modes more useful for applications that require high precision and sensitivity.

5. Can squeezed field modes be used for classical communication?

While squeezed field modes are primarily used in quantum technologies, they can also have applications in classical communication. By reducing the quantum noise, squeezed field modes can improve the signal-to-noise ratio and enhance the performance of classical communication systems.