What Is the Importance of Understanding Physics in Our World?

• Thread starter vis viva
  • Start date
In summary, understanding physics is crucial in our world as it helps us understand the fundamental laws and principles that govern the behavior of matter and energy. This knowledge allows us to develop technologies and innovations that improve our daily lives, from transportation and communication to healthcare and renewable energy sources. Additionally, physics helps us make sense of the natural world around us, from the movements of celestial bodies to the behavior of atoms and molecules. It also encourages critical thinking and problem-solving skills that can be applied to a wide range of fields, making it an essential subject for students to learn. Overall, understanding physics is essential for understanding the world we live in and for driving progress and advancements in various industries.
vis viva
How did you find PF?
a google search, it was either this or stackexchange
Hi there

Thank you for letting me into your illustrious forum. I'm a simple engineer with experience in computer science and digital hardware, and I'm trying to learn more about physics as I grow older, it seems kind of important if you want to understand more of the world we live in. I'm concentrating on classical physics and slowly starting to explore more about quantum stuff.

So I'm just here to learn by reading your blogs and ask pertinent questions. In order to put everyone at ease, I voluntarily took the "crackpot test" http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/crackpot.html developed by John Baez, and I'm pleased to inform y'all that I scored a perfect -5 points (top score for normality).

Thank you for your kind attention.
Klaus Z.

Likes berkeman, PeroK and phinds
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!Nice a crackpot test. Why ever would you take it?

Please take some time to read our rules as we are a highly moderated forum and there are some topics that we consider crackpottery and just don't discuss.

jedishrfu said:
Welcome to PF!

Thank you very much, pleased to be here.

jedishrfu said:
Nice a crackpot test. Why ever would you take it?

I noticed (right or wrong) during my research that non-physicists like me are usually met with suspicion by ordained physicists. So this is my way of saying "I come in peace" you know like Columbus when he first met the native americans.

jedishrfu said:
Please take some time to read our rules as we are a highly moderated forum and there are some topics that we consider crackpottery and just don't discuss.

Yes I did read that, I have no problems with that.

Likes jedishrfu
vis viva said:
So this is my way of saying "I come in peace" you know like Columbus when he first met the native americans.
Rhut-rho...

:smile: