What is the ideal weight for a 24-year-old in bodybuilding?

In summary: And where will you go about finding a non-rep. one?In summary, if you are 24 years old and weigh 55 kg, you should aim to weigh between 58 and 60 kg.
johny534
Hi myself Johny. My age is 24 years old and recently my weight is 55 KG. So that I want to know that exactly how much weight I want at this age?

Physics news on Phys.org
What is your height?

@55 kg any height is too small assuming he isn't a midget.

Get eating some pies and pasta.

johny534 said:
Hi myself Johny. My age is 24 years old and recently my weight is 55 KG. So that I want to know that exactly how much weight I want at this age?
The appropriate weight depends on one's height. The mass of 55 kg would be appropriate for someone about 152 cm in height.

My height is about 174 cm, and at 24 my mass was approximately 75 kg, and it has been pretty constant over the last 40 years.

Screw the charts. Do you feel healthy? What you weigh now was my comfort weight for more than 20 years. Then I ballooned up to 58. That suited my sedentary lifestyle quite well. When baseball season came around, I threw on a muscle or two that took me up to 60. Back to 58 when the season ended. While this was going on, I was 178 cm in height. Age has taken its toll, and I'm truncated to 173 cm.
Okay... something about this thread makes we want to either burst into song or go and mate with someone. Since I can't sing... bye.

Roamn said:
could you tell me about your Hight then i will exactly tell you that 55 kg is Ok or not.

I think anyone can point him to a BMI calculator. They are all bollocks anyway.

Danger has the right approach, does he feel healthy.

Soon, a new member with zero posts and the same IP address will appear to tell him about the best website on Earth for this and post a link.

And then whole thread will miraculously disappear.

Borek said:
And then whole thread will miraculously disappear.
Correct.

Man rule #43:
Your weight doesn't matter, so long as you can bench press more.

Choppy said:
Man rule #43:

Only in Dreamland. I'm pretty sure that I can shoot you before you can get me over your head. :rolleyes:

The USAF has a nice chart that is the recommended min-max body weight for any given height male and female.

http://www.afrotc.com/admissions/requirements-standards/physical/"

Last edited by a moderator:
KalamMekhar said:
The USAF has a nice chart that is the recommended min-max body weight for any given height male and female.

http://www.afrotc.com/admissions/requirements-standards/physical/"

Evo is psychic!

Kidding put aside, the BMI is what matters more than absolute weight versus height. You need to take bone density, and overall frame into account.

Last edited by a moderator:
nismaratwork said:
You need to take bone density, and overall frame into account.

And automatic weapons... Never forget that an Uzi beats a black belt any day. I like being skinny, fast, and heavily armed.

Danger said:
And automatic weapons... Never forget that an Uzi beats a black belt any day. I like being skinny, fast, and heavily armed.

Errr, not sure how this became an issue of combat, as body-building usually seems to be cosmetic. Having said that, I prefer an M-40A1 rifle with a good scope, a ghillie suit, and plenty of cover.

Danger said:

If you were stronger you could be more heavily armed. Don't you know that having a larger chest means you can fit more grenades on your bandolier?

Office_Shredder said:
If you were stronger you could be more heavily armed.

Don't you know that having a larger chest means you can fit more grenades on your bandolier?

Hey, just look at Ahnold, in Predator... if you're big and Austrian enough you hack a minigun with your bare hands! True story! :smile:

KalamMekhar said:

Looks like I won't be accepted without a good meal.

Choppy said:
Man rule #43:

Whew, I'm safe! At least I was safe...until I gave up on weight lifting a few weeks ago and started jogging instead. But maybe if I start lowering my weight like this, my diminished bench weight will still be OK.

I'm sure there's a continuity equation to describe what I'm doing.

nismaratwork said:
Errr, not sure how this became an issue of combat, as body-building usually seems to be cosmetic. Having said that, I prefer an M-40A1 rifle with a good scope, a ghillie suit, and plenty of cover.

And where will you go about finding a non-rep. one?

Related to What is the ideal weight for a 24-year-old in bodybuilding?

What is the ideal weight for a 24-year-old in bodybuilding?

The ideal weight for a 24-year-old in bodybuilding can vary depending on factors such as height, body composition, and training goals. While there is no one-size-fits-all answer, a general guideline is for men to aim for a body fat percentage of 10-12% and women to aim for 18-20%.

How do I determine my ideal weight for bodybuilding?

Determining your ideal weight for bodybuilding involves calculating your body fat percentage and setting realistic goals based on your individual body type and fitness level. It is important to consult with a certified personal trainer or nutritionist for personalized guidance.

What are the dangers of trying to reach an "ideal" weight in bodybuilding?

Striving for an "ideal" weight in bodybuilding can lead to dangerous behaviors such as extreme dieting, excessive exercise, and the use of performance-enhancing drugs. This can have negative impacts on physical and mental health, and may not result in sustainable or healthy outcomes.

Can someone be considered "too heavy" or "too light" for bodybuilding?

No, there is no specific weight range that qualifies as "too heavy" or "too light" for bodybuilding. It is important to focus on overall body composition and strength rather than a specific number on the scale. Every body is unique and will respond differently to training and nutrition.

What are some safe and effective ways to reach an ideal weight for bodybuilding?

Some safe and effective ways to reach an ideal weight for bodybuilding include following a balanced and nutritious diet, incorporating strength training and cardio exercises, and getting enough rest and recovery time. It is also important to have realistic goals and to make gradual, sustainable changes rather than resorting to extreme measures.