What is the equation for the line with the same x-intercept as -2x + y = 1?

• MHB
  • Thread starter mathdad
  • Start date
Thanks!In summary, to find an equation of the line passing through (6, 2) and with the same x-intercept as -2x + y = 1, we first find the x-intercept by setting y = 0 and solving for x. This gives us x = -1/2. The final answer is expressed in the form Ax + By + C = 0.
mathdad
Find an equation of the line passing through (6, 2) and has the same x-intercept as the line -2x + y = 1. Express final answer in the form Ax + By + C = 0.

How do I find the x-intercept of the given line?

How do I express the final answer in the form given above?

Mathematics news on Phys.org
RTCNTC said:
Find an equation of the line passing through (6, 2) and has the same x-intercept as the line -2x + y = 1. Express final answer in the form Ax + By + C = 0.

How do I find the x-intercept of the given line?

How do I express the final answer in the form given above?

x intercept of a line is value of x when y = 0

for -2x + y = 1 we need to compute x when y= 0 we get $-2x = 1$ or $x= \frac{-1}{2}$. this is the x intercept

Great. I can take it from here. I suspected that letting y = 0 would yield the needed x-intercept but wanted to be sure.

Related to What is the equation for the line with the same x-intercept as -2x + y = 1?

What is "Find An Equation....2"?

"Find An Equation....2" is a scientific method used to find the equation that represents a set of data points. It is commonly used in fields such as physics, chemistry, and engineering to analyze and predict relationships between variables.

How does "Find An Equation....2" work?

This method involves analyzing the data points and finding a mathematical relationship between the variables. This relationship is then expressed in the form of an equation that can be used to make predictions and further analyze the data.

What are the benefits of using "Find An Equation....2"?

"Find An Equation....2" allows scientists to accurately represent and understand the relationship between variables in a given set of data points. This can help with making predictions, identifying patterns, and gaining a deeper understanding of the data.

What types of data can be analyzed using "Find An Equation....2"?

"Find An Equation....2" can be used to analyze any type of data that has a clear relationship between two or more variables. This can include experimental data, observational data, and even real-world data from sources such as surveys or studies.

Are there any limitations to "Find An Equation....2"?

While "Find An Equation....2" is a powerful tool, it does have some limitations. It requires a clear relationship between variables and may not work for all types of data. Additionally, it is important to note that correlation does not always equal causation, and further analysis may be needed to fully understand the data.