What is the Correct Equation for Accurate Accident Reconstruction?

In summary, the correct equation for accurate accident reconstruction involves using various factors such as vehicle speed, braking distance, and impact force to determine the cause and severity of a crash. This equation also takes into account factors such as road conditions, weather, and human error to create a comprehensive understanding of the accident. Accident reconstruction is a crucial tool for determining liability and improving safety measures.
tomwilliamsjr
Hi, my name is Tom, I've been struggling with a real world problem. I hoping that someone can guide me to the formula that will help with a real world speed question. I was in an accident, an accident that could happen to any one. I know that one of the equations in the accident reconstruction report is incorrect because It does not factor in the mass difference between two objects of disproportionate mass, a car and motorcycle. I've asked for help from my engineering friends but they have not been able to give me clear guidance.

Physics news on Phys.org
I'm sorry, but we cannot give consultancy on real life accidents for several reasons.
We do not regulate who will answer, esp. not their expertise.
We cannot give statements with a potentially legal impact.
We are not certified.
We cannot know the entire situation, regardless how detailed your description might be. I.e. we have neither all variables nor enough statistical nor mechanical data, which a responsible judgement would require.
Even an informal answer cannot be given, as we do not have control over its usage.
So as in all of these cases, we strongly recommend to consult a local expert, who can inspect what you are talking about, has sufficient experience and data for comparison, plus most important: is certified, so that his expertise will be of legal value.