What is the approach to forum discussions on this science forum?

In summary, the approach to forum discussions on this science forum is to engage in meaningful and respectful conversations centered around scientific topics, theories, and research. The forum encourages members to share their knowledge, ask questions, and provide evidence-based arguments to promote critical thinking and a deeper understanding of various scientific concepts. The moderators also promote a positive and inclusive environment by enforcing rules against personal attacks, misinformation, and off-topic discussions. Overall, the forum seeks to foster a community of individuals passionate about science and open to learning and sharing ideas.
iambozdar
How did you find PF?
Through rigorous internet search.
I was searching for some science forums online yesterday, so I could join one to learn and contribute back. The Forums that operate like early 2000 ones, and their goals are more aligned toward users than creating content for monster spiders.

I am glad that I have ended up here now. I visited a few hot and featured threads, some of them are closed for contribution. It is better to remove closed topics from the hot thread column.

Physics news on Phys.org
Hello and :welcome:!

iambozdar said:
How did you find PF?: Through rigorous internet search.

It is better to remove closed topics from the hot thread column.
Not necessarily as we consider all of our threads as a database for answers rather than a debating contest.

fresh_42 said:
Hello and :welcome:!Not necessarily as we consider all of our threads as a database for answers rather than a debating contest.
That's also a friendly approach. I hope I'll get used to soon.

Likes berkeman