What is it like being a non-traditional student in an Astrophysics program?

• Thread starter astroty
  • Start date
In summary, being a non-traditional student in an Astrophysics program can be both challenging and rewarding. Non-traditional students are typically older, have different life experiences, and may have additional responsibilities such as a family or a full-time job. This can make it difficult to balance their academic work with other commitments. However, non-traditional students also bring a unique perspective and diverse background to the program, which can enrich the overall learning experience. They may also have a stronger sense of motivation and determination to succeed, having made the decision to return to school later in life. Ultimately, being a non-traditional student in an Astrophysics program requires time management, dedication, and a passion for the subject, but can lead
astroty
I just joined the forum and hope to get some valuable information from it (in my spare time of course). I'm a student at University of Colorado Boulder in the Astrophysics program. I'm new into it so I don't know much (yet). I'm a non-traditional student so I'm a 26 year old bearded dude in classes full of freshman. Looking forward to the journey!

-Ty

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!