What is a Thread Killer? Exploring the Phenomenon

In summary: Kills the thread gets to kiss Moonbeer's butt!In summary, a thread killer is someone who destroys a thread before it dies. They may do this with anarchist comments, making the conversation stop from discussing 'The Big Bang'.
derekmohammed
Thread Killers?

I did not want to post this in the "best all time thread killers" post cause I kinda felt that I would be interuppting. But could someone explain what a thread killer is?

Physics news on Phys.org
Thread killers are members who destroy what-was-before a nice and friendly thread (i.e. a conversation) with anarchist comments.

For example: let's take a thread on 'The Big bang'.

If someone came and suddenly talked about bunnies and tortoises, and made people stop talking about 'The big bang', then that member would be a thread killer.

derekmohammed said:
I did not want to post this in the "best all time thread killers" post cause I kinda felt that I would be interuppting.
:smile: interrupting what?

derekmohammed said:
I did not want to post this in the "best all time thread killers" post cause I kinda felt that I would be interuppting. But could someone explain what a thread killer is?

Maybe you could have, you, know, actually read the thread, or at the very least, posted this in the stupied quetion thread, since this question qualifies.

What is it with neo-phytes and acting...well, like neo-phytes?

franznietzsche said:
What is it with neo-phytes and acting...well, like neo-phytes?
I had no idea, so I looked it up! Yay!

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?r=10&q=neophyte
The second definitions seems most relevent

A beginner or novice

So the bunnies said to the tortoises... :biggrin:

A thread killer is me.

I hate bunnies & tortoises.

Daniel.

I'm still going with the theory it's someone who posts such a profoundly thoughtful response to a thread that nobody can find anything else to say on it, or are just in such awe of the brilliance, they wouldn't dare risk dimming that brilliance with another reply that would just be cast into shadows. :biggrin:

It's just as the name implies, the last person to post in a thread before the thread dies. As for killing, it's all circumstantial evidence, I swear! Nobody has demonstrated motive, and where's the murder weapon?

Bladibla said:
Thread killers are members who destroy what-was-before a nice and friendly thread (i.e. a conversation) with anarchist comments.

For example: let's take a thread on 'The Big bang'.

If someone came and suddenly talked about bunnies and tortoises, and made people stop talking about 'The big bang', then that member would be a thread killer.
No, that person would be a thread hijacker. Plus, your examples are absurd.

A better example would be if someone were to come into a thread about thread killing and posted something about thread hijacking. Some people just can't resist bait and respond even when they know the post is off-topic. And there goes the thread, from nerds to pirates, baffling the poor neophyte who starts reading from the last post.

By the way, who's the top thread hijacker? o:)

MIH has the vote for the pirate-thing and that should weigh a lot...So she's in pole position for the moment.

Daniel.

Yeah like that day I was going to court.

mattmns said:
Yeah like that day I was going to court.

So...i get to kill the thread now?

Geeze, sure, you can have it. My attempt was not bad though.

mattmns said:
Geeze, sure, you can have it. My attempt was not bad though.
damn you, why resurrect this, i was so close, now i ahve to post in all those threads all over again to bury it.

Fie on you.

I was acknowledging your victory. What is the problem?

mattmns said:
I was acknowledging your victory. What is the problem?

and yet you keep posting. Acknowledge my victory with silence.

dextercioby said:
I hate bunnies & tortoises.
What could anyone possibly have against little frufru bunnies and cute little tortoises? What kind of sick twisted...oh, Dex wrote that, that explains a lot. :-p

Artman said:
What kind of sick twisted...

Oh,Artman,is that a selfportait...?:-p

Daniel.

dextercioby said:
Oh,Artman,is that a selfportait...?:-p
Does sound like me, doesn't it?

Oh, I'm glad you all found the amateur thread-killer thread. This is a much better place to practice thread-killing before attempting the champion thread! :biggrin: :-p

I have an idea.Let's turn this THREAD into the MONSTER THREAD 2...:devil:

Who kills it gets the same prize as will the one who kills its brother.Namey a buttkick from me and a kiss from Moonbeer.Bear,sorry.

Daniel.

WTF! I had this thread killed. Then Franz came in here, so I decided to be nice and let him have it. Then more of you show up, and now we got a second thread to kill.

dextercioby said:
I have an idea.Let's turn this THREAD into the MONSTER THREAD 2...:devil:

Who kills it gets the same prize as will the one who kills its brother.Namey a buttkick from me and a kiss from Moonbeer.Bear,sorry.

Daniel.

Hey, no fair! If I have to give out a prize, does that mean I'm not eligible to kill this one? And if I have to forfeit my eligibility, then I want to be the one giving out the kick in the butt! :devil:

So, there you have it, whoever kills this thread wins a kick in the butt from me and a kiss from Dex! :biggrin:

Nope,not fair.Anyway,i'll let my bear grow and eat plenty of garlic.She/he (the wiener) will be craving for a buttkick from me,rather than a smelly tickling kiss...:devil:

Daniel.

dextercioby said:
Nope,not fair.Anyway,i'll let my bear grow and eat plenty of garlic.She/he (the wiener) will be craving for a buttkick from me,rather than a smelly tickling kiss...:devil:

Daniel.

That's the plan. They might like getting a butt kick from you and kiss from me, and that just wouldn't give either of us much joy in awarding the prize. :devil: Oh, and if you grow the beard for it, make sure you've got lots of little food bits in it when you give out that kiss...it's the attention to those little details that makes the prize special. :smile:

I used to play soccer as a goalkeeper,so a getting the butt kicked by me won't b a pleasure,unless i bump into a masochist or something...:-p

Daniel.

Those are some akward prizes, maybe I should stay away from this thread.

Hijacking a thread is the first step to the death of a thread.

So..lets talk about bunnies and tortoises.

Whats more cute? a tortoise baby or a baby bunnie?

A baby tortoise dead...And a dead bunny,preferrably an Easter bunny.

Danel.

That is a good way to kill a thread dex, too bad I had to continue it. Personally I like a big white fluffy rabbit.

Bladibla said:
Hijacking a thread is the first step to the death of a thread.

So..lets talk about bunnies and tortoises.

Whats more cute? a tortoise baby or a baby bunnie?
Yaargh! This'n learns quickly the difference 'tween killin' and hijackin'! Kill no thread afore it's been hijacked and pillaged! 'E'll be a thread pirate in no time, this one will, yaarrgh!

That thread is long gone,amigo...god rest its soul

Daniel.

Baby bunnies are so cute! So are baby turtles. I used to have a red eared turtle before they were banned, he lived for years, became quite large, and we had to improvise a place for him, but one day when he was sunning in the backyard in his habitat, he escaped and we never found him. ROGER! :cry:

Since you bolded the last word,i'm thinking it's outta context.So who's Roger...?:bugeye:

Daniel.

Roger Rabbit. Some kind of character from a tv show? Or something. Ohh I did not read the whole post. I am guessing her rabbit was named Roger.