What Information Should Engineering Students Know About Companies Before Job Interviews?

In summary: Take the opportunity to ask about the things you want to know. While you may not get an in-depth answer, you'll at least get a general answer. If you can get an honest response, you can get a better idea of what they are looking for and if you are a good fit for the company.4. Research the company's competitors. If you can't find out what a company is looking for, you might be able to find out what their competitors are looking for. This can give you a general idea of what you could be facing in the way of competition. If you can find out what other companies are doing, you can get a better idea of the different trends in the industry and what
vead
I am doing engineering . I want to know some information about companies that will help me to get job

I visit companies website and I see what service they provide but we don't know what CAD tool they used to make electronic circuit.

If we know something before interview. we can prepare very well before interview example
If they use cadence , keil we can prepare very well because we know what they are using.

same we don't know what qualities we should have to get job. what quality should have employ to get job.I mean design engineer , testing engineering ...etc and which type of employ they are looking for job.

If my intrusted field is microcontroller. I like to make small projects with microcontroller
I want to become design engineer so how to know what will be my role in company

can we send mail to companies to know the some basic information about company ?

Physics news on Phys.org
This is a very good question to be asking as a student.

The reality is there is no quick and easy way to learn information about how a company operates and what qualities they are "really" looking for in the candidates they interview. It would be nice if you could go to their website and look all of this up in a little summary page, but rarely is such information posted.

There are things you can do though. These include:

1. Internships, co-op positions, and part-time jobs. The best way to learn about the inner workings of a company is by working for them. In general this let's you see how things are done, what software is being used, what projects they are working on, and perhaps even more importantly, you can develop an idea of what projects will be taken on the future. Also it allows the people who will potentially hire you on full time to evaluate you over more than just a half hour interview. It's common for companies to recruit directly from their co-op and internship programs, because even if you can find a candidate who looks better than your existing interns on paper or during an interview, (a) there is a risk in hiring someone where so many soft factors are unknown and (b) your interns require less training. Further, along these lines, even if you're not interested in work for the company you intern for (or vice versa), you learn about the industry. It gives you a chance to talk with people who have experience in that particular field who may have experience with other companies as well.

2. Job shadowing and informal interviews. Sometimes (particularly as a student) you can arrange a job shadow or invite someone in the field for a lunch interview - not for the purpose of getting hired, rather, for the purpose of learning about the company or industry. As a general rule, people like to talk about themselves and while they may be restricted sometimes in the kind of information they can give you about company projects, if you find the right person, they might know which companies in the field are likely to be hiring soon, and which are likely to go belly up in the near future. You can also learn little tidbits like when to apply and who will be making the hiring decisions. This can help you to get your CV into the hands of the right person when the time is right, rather than relying on an HR department to distribute it. Remember that your university's career centre should have people who can help you to set these kinds of things up.

3. Consider the job interview itself. Candidates are not expected to know everything before they start working. An interview is a two-way street. So while they are asking you about your interests and what you can bring to the company, you should have some time to ask about how the company functions and what will be expected of you. This demonstrates a genuine interest in the work and can help you to make the decision if the job is going to be a good fit for you.

Related to What Information Should Engineering Students Know About Companies Before Job Interviews?

What is the history of the company?

The history of a company includes its founding date, key milestones, and any major changes or developments it has undergone. This information can typically be found on the company's website or in its annual reports.

What products or services does the company offer?

The products or services offered by a company can vary depending on its industry and target market. This information can usually be found on the company's website or in its marketing materials.

What is the company's mission and values?

The mission and values of a company outline its overall purpose and core beliefs. This information is often included in the company's website or in its annual reports.

What is the company's financial performance?

The financial performance of a company includes its revenue, profits, and any financial ratios or metrics that indicate its success or growth. This information is typically reported in quarterly or annual financial reports.

Who are the key executives and leaders of the company?

The key executives and leaders of a company are the individuals who hold top management positions and make important decisions. This information can usually be found on the company's website or in its annual reports.