What factors should my daughter consider when choosing a university for physics?

• Thread starter Mom23
  • Start date
In summary, when choosing a university for physics, it is important for your daughter to consider the quality of the physics department, the availability of research opportunities, the location and campus environment, and the overall cost and financial aid options. Additionally, she should also take into account the curriculum and course offerings, the faculty and student community, and the reputation and ranking of the university. It is also beneficial for her to visit the campus and talk to current students and professors to get a better understanding of the culture and resources available. Ultimately, the decision should be based on her personal interests, goals, and strengths, as well as the potential for future academic and career opportunities.
Mom23
How did you find PF?
Google search
I have been searching for resources to help my daughter make an informed decision of which university to attend in the fall of this year. I stumbled on this site and will share it with her because she loves everything physics! I’m not a helicopter mom, but helping her out as she’s a bit overwhelmed with making the “right” choice at the moment. With the current pandemic, uni open houses have been canceled and she may have to make her choice without having visited all of the campuses beforehand. This site is fantastic, wish they had a Chem equivalent when I was in school...😊

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the PF! :smile:

That's great Mom. Very creative of you. I hope we'll be able to help her some way.

She can ask for help on homework (read the rules first), and she can use the academic guidance forum, or she can ask questions on our technical forums about points she is having difficulty with.

Thank you berkeman and anorlunda. I have already forwarded this site to her as I think it is an excellent resource.

Likes berkeman