What Can You Learn From PF's Three Main Sections?

• Thread starter Dickie
  • Start date
In summary, PF's three main sections cover the basics of personal finance, including budgeting, saving, and investing. The budgeting section teaches the importance of creating a budget and tracking expenses, while the saving section discusses different types of savings accounts and strategies for building an emergency fund. The investing section covers the fundamentals of investing, such as understanding risk and diversification, and provides guidance on different types of investments, such as stocks, bonds, and real estate. Overall, the three sections provide valuable lessons on managing money and building a strong financial foundation.
Dickie
Hi,

I'm Dickie, currently studying Engineering part-time through the Open University in the UK with a view to career change into engineering once I've completed my BEng and hopefully a full-time MEng in Mechanical or Aeronautical on completion.

I'm something of a general science and engineering fan, regret not going to university straight from school and bit of a frustrated-wannabe-physicist. However, having only really appreciated this at 30 I decided to study something that had a practical application (bills to pay, mortgage, family etc...!) and so chose engineering on the basis that it's something I'm interested in as well and I try to see it as 'applied physics' to an extent.

Aside from my studies and the main reason I found this site is that I remember in my teens being part of a couple of online science/tech communities and getting to know some really interesting people with equally interesting ideas and am trying to find a similar community so am looking forward to getting to know you all and hopefully contributing in one way or another!

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome [emoji4][emoji4]

Likes Dickie
A warm welcome to PF.

Make sure you know about the three main sections in PF, and explore them well:

1. The main forums, that you see in the first page.
2. Insights Blog, available at the top row (header section). It contains articles that help in learning topics to a great extent.
3. The videos, also available in the header section. The media gallery now has some great videos in almost every aspect in science, and they provide an audio-visual learning experience.

I assure you that you will have a great time here.

With regards,
Wrichik.

Likes Dickie