What Book Best Explains the Distribution of Combined Random Variables?

In summary, the speaker is looking for a book on probability and statistics that explains how to think about combining random variables and the operations involved in doing so. They are also interested in proofs of theorems and want the book to be simple and elegant. They mention a book called "The Algebra of Random Variables" by Melvin Springer, but it is difficult to find and expensive. They ask if anyone has a copy or knows of a similar book.
pabl012
Hello everyone.
Recently I've been working in a project involving some statistics, and I've found that I lack knowledge about this.
So I'm looking for a book about probability and statistics, but I'm specially interested in how one can get the distribution of a combination of others distributions.
I know that if X and Y are random variables then one can calculate the characteristic function, and multiply... to get the distribution of Z = X + Y. I am not interested on this; I am not interested in the results as much as I am interested in how to arrive to them.
I'm looking for a book that explain how to think in problems like combine (X^2 + Y)/Z with X,Y,Z random variables, and why the operations are done like they are done. Starting with the simplest and continuing with increasingly serious things. With proofs of the theorems, and, if possible, been simple (that not easy) and elegant.
I would like to find something like the "Complex Variables with Applications" of A. David Wunsch, but with probability and statistics.

Sorry if I can't explain better and thanks in advance.

P.D.: I'm physicist, so I'm not afraid of serious business.

Physics news on Phys.org
That seems to be my title, but when I searching in Google, I just found the amazon one, and costs 1000$!
Does anyone have a copy of the book, or knows a title of the same features?

Thanks

Related to What Book Best Explains the Distribution of Combined Random Variables?

1. What is a bibliography?

A bibliography is a list of sources that have been used in a research project or paper. It typically includes the author's name, title of the source, publication date, and other relevant information.

2. Why is a bibliography important?

A bibliography is important because it allows readers to easily access and verify the sources used in a research project or paper. It also gives credit to the original authors and avoids plagiarism.

3. How do I create a bibliography?

The format of a bibliography may vary depending on the citation style required by your discipline or institution. Generally, you will need to gather all the necessary information about your sources and organize them according to the specific guidelines for your chosen citation style.

4. Can I use online sources in my bibliography?

Yes, you can use online sources in your bibliography as long as they are credible and relevant to your research. Make sure to include the URL and access date for each online source in your bibliography.

5. Do I need to include every source I used in my bibliography?

You should include all sources that you have directly quoted, paraphrased, or referenced in your research project or paper. However, if you have used a large number of sources, you may choose to only include the most significant or relevant ones in your bibliography.