What are the Zero Kelvin enthalpies of CO2, CO, and H2O?

In summary, Engine Combustion Dynamics is the study of fuel combustion processes within an engine and their impact on engine performance and emissions. It is important for improving engine efficiency, reducing emissions, and diagnosing and solving engine problems. Factors such as fuel type, air-to-fuel ratio, engine design, and temperature and pressure conditions can affect Engine Combustion Dynamics. It is studied through a combination of experimental and computational methods, including engine testing and computer simulations. Current research areas in this field include developing alternative fuels, optimizing engine designs, and studying the effects of advanced engine technologies.
blumist
Hey there,
I am trying to model engine combustion dynamics on MatLab using basic physical laws. My code starts bugging just at the start of the Power Stroke. The pressure value shoots off to 60 bars right at the start. I tried narrowing down the error and I think i have a problem at the zero Kelvin enthalpy values of the constituents of the combustion mixture. Can anyone state here the Zero Kelvin enthalpies of CO2, CO and H2O.
P.S. I don't really understand the concept of Enthalpy at Zero Kelvin. Would appreciate if someone helps me there too. :)

Thanks!

Engineering news on Phys.org
The zero Kelvin enthalpies of CO2, CO and H2O are -393.51 kJ/mol, -110.53 kJ/mol and -241.82 kJ/mol, respectively. As for the concept of Enthalpy at Zero Kelvin, it is essentially the amount of energy contained in a substance at absolute zero temperature (where all motion ceases). Enthalpy at zero Kelvin is also known as the standard molar enthalpy of formation and it is used to calculate the energy change associated with a chemical reaction at constant pressure.

Related to What are the Zero Kelvin enthalpies of CO2, CO, and H2O?

1. What is Engine Combustion Dynamics?

Engine Combustion Dynamics refers to the study of the processes and mechanisms involved in the combustion of fuel within an engine, and how these processes affect the performance and emissions of the engine.

2. Why is understanding Engine Combustion Dynamics important?

Understanding Engine Combustion Dynamics is crucial for improving engine efficiency and reducing emissions, as well as for developing new and more efficient engine designs. It also helps in diagnosing and solving engine problems.

3. What factors affect Engine Combustion Dynamics?

Several factors can affect Engine Combustion Dynamics, including fuel type, air-to-fuel ratio, engine design, ignition timing, and temperature and pressure conditions within the engine cylinder.

4. How is Engine Combustion Dynamics studied?

Engine Combustion Dynamics is studied through a combination of experimental and computational methods. This can include engine testing, optical diagnostic techniques, and computer simulations and modeling.

5. What are some current research areas in Engine Combustion Dynamics?

Some current research areas in Engine Combustion Dynamics include developing more efficient and cleaner-burning alternative fuels, optimizing engine designs for improved performance and emissions, and studying the effects of advanced engine technologies such as direct injection and variable valve timing.