What are the steps to solve (sec∂-tan∂)²=(1-sin∂)/(1+sin∂)?

For 2. Sec=1/cos tan=sin/cos cos²x+sin²x=1:Use the Pythagorean identity, which states that cos²(x) + sin²(x) = 1. Therefore, cos²(x) + sin²(x) = 1 is always true.
chris99191
1. First one is (sin2x+sinx)/(cos2x+cosx+1)=tanx
Second one is (sec∂-tan∂)²=(1-sin∂)/(1+sin∂)

2. Sec=1/cos tan=sin/cos cos²x+sin²x=1

3. 1. I think eventually the sinx/cosx need to cancel to make tanx and the 1 could be used to create a lot of options
2. I have tried to start with the left hand side. However i am unsure whether to expand the bracket or not. I've tried it with 1/cos but I couldn't get very far

Physics news on Phys.org
chris99191 said:
1. ...
Second one is (sec∂-tan∂)²=(1-sin∂)/(1+sin∂)

3. 1. I think eventually the sinx/cosx need to cancel to make tanx and the 1 could be used to create a lot of options
2. I have tried to start with the left hand side. However i am unsure whether to expand the bracket or not. I've tried it with 1/cos but I couldn't get very far

For 1. Second one:

Use sec(x) = 1/cos(x) and tan(x) = sin(x)/cos(x). They have a common denominator, so combine them into one fraction. After squaring, change cos2(∂) to 1 - sin2(∂) .

Related to What are the steps to solve (sec∂-tan∂)²=(1-sin∂)/(1+sin∂)?

1. What are "A hand with a few proofs"?

"A hand with a few proofs" is a phrase commonly used in mathematics and science to describe a situation where there is a small amount of evidence or data to support a theory or hypothesis.

2. How is "A hand with a few proofs" different from a full proof?

A full proof is a complete and thorough demonstration or explanation that supports a theory or hypothesis, while "A hand with a few proofs" may only have a limited amount of evidence or data to support it.

3. How can "A hand with a few proofs" be useful in science?

"A hand with a few proofs" can be useful in science as it can provide a starting point for further research and investigation. It can also help to generate new ideas and hypotheses to be tested.

4. Is "A hand with a few proofs" considered a strong or weak form of evidence?

"A hand with a few proofs" is considered a weaker form of evidence compared to a full proof. However, it can still be valuable in the scientific process as it can lead to the development of stronger evidence in the future.

5. Can "A hand with a few proofs" ever be enough to support a theory or hypothesis?

It is unlikely that "A hand with a few proofs" would be enough to fully support a theory or hypothesis on its own. However, it can be a starting point for further research and can contribute to the overall body of evidence supporting a theory.