What are the physical properties of 2D materials?

• Thread starter alililili
  • Start date
In summary, 2D materials are materials that have a thickness of just one or a few atoms, making them extremely thin and lightweight. They also exhibit unique electrical, optical, and mechanical properties due to their 2D structure, including high flexibility, high surface area, and high conductivity. Some common examples of 2D materials include graphene, boron nitride, and molybdenum disulfide. These materials have gained significant attention in recent years for their potential applications in electronics, energy storage, and biomedicine. However, their production and manipulation remain a challenge, requiring advanced techniques and equipment. Overall, the physical properties of 2D materials make them promising candidates for various technological advancements.
alililili
How did you find PF?
Via Google search
Hello! I am a Ph.D. candidate in Chemical engineering, while my research interest is mainly in the physical properties of 2D materials:wink:. I have read a lot of threads and found them very useful. Hope I can learn more from this thread.

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF! It's good to have you here. :smile: