What are the Challenges Facing Nigerian Engineering Students?

• Thread starter reall
  • Start date
In summary, Nigerian engineering students face a number of challenges, including inadequate funding for research and technology, a lack of modern equipment and facilities, and a shortage of qualified and experienced faculty. Additionally, there is a growing demand for engineers in other countries, leading to brain drain and a loss of talent in Nigeria. These challenges make it difficult for students to receive a quality education and be competitive in the global job market.
reall
How did you find PF?
Via Google search
My name is Ahmad and I'm a student of mechatronics engineering in a Federal university of technology located in Minna, Nigeria. I found PF some months ago while researching a topic (I can't remember what exactly) and I've loved it since then.

Currently, I am a graphic design freelancer but I'm going to transition into frontend web development (I'm looking for project ideas and collaboration with a backend Dev if possible).

I am very interested in engineering, but my country's system doesn't support that. I've found a lot of discussions in this forum interesting although I don't understand most of them (yet) maybe because I'm still in my second year in the university (out of five years). I hope to learn a lot from this and contribute as well. I also hope to connect with amazing people. Thanks.

Likes DeBangis21, berkeman and PeroK
Physics news on Phys.org
:welcome:

Likes DeBangis21 and reall
Hello, have fun and stay curious!

Likes DeBangis21 and reall
Welcome, Ahmad, my namesake!
FUTMINNA Engineering student. All the best.