What are the intersections between ECE and Physics in photonics research?

• Thread starter nav_ece
  • Start date
In summary, the intersections between ECE and Physics in photonics research involve the use of principles from both fields to develop and enhance technologies that use light to transmit and manipulate information. This includes areas such as optoelectronics, photonic devices, and quantum optics, where knowledge of electrical engineering and physics is crucial in designing and optimizing systems for applications in telecommunications, imaging, and sensing. Additionally, research in photonics is driving advancements in both fields, with discoveries in ECE leading to new possibilities in photonics and vice versa. Overall, the collaboration between ECE and Physics in photonics research is essential for the development of cutting-edge technologies that rely on the properties and behaviors of light.
nav_ece
Hi, I'm new to these forums. I'm a graduate student at the University of Delaware, working on a PhD in Electrical and Computer Engineering. Although my field is ECE, there is a lot of overlap between ECE and Physics. I'm doing lab work, as part of a photonics research group, with other graduate students. I'm also taking classes on opto-electronics, semiconductor physics, and electronics fabrication. I will probably post more threads and ask more questions as they come up in my work.

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!