What are the Interests and Background of Scientist John?

• Thread starter John Collis
  • Start date
In summary, Scientist John is a highly accomplished and renowned scientist with a strong background in physics and chemistry. He has a particular interest in researching and understanding quantum mechanics and its applications in technology. He has published numerous papers and books on the subject and has received several prestigious awards for his contributions to the field. In addition to his academic pursuits, Scientist John is also an avid outdoorsman and enjoys hiking and camping in his free time. He is a dedicated mentor to budding scientists and is highly respected in the scientific community for his expertise and passion for his work.
John Collis
Not a very original title I 'm afraid, but I would like to introduce myself.
My name is John and I have been a registered nurse since 2006 in the UK, prior to this I was a systems/software engineer primarily in the defence industry for 25 years. My physics education was at 1st degree level. Since I was a child I have been interested in Astronomy and space travel (I was fortunate to be around for the Apollo project). I am also interested in other aspects of science and, primarily software engineering.

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
John Collis said:
Not a very original title I 'm afraid, but I would like to introduce myself.
My name is John and I have been a registered nurse since 2006 in the UK, prior to this I was a systems/software engineer primarily in the defence industry for 25 years. My physics education was at 1st degree level. Since I was a child I have been interested in Astronomy and space travel (I was fortunate to be around for the Apollo project). I am also interested in other aspects of science and, primarily software engineering.
Welcome to the forum John. Yeah, it's tough to come up with a new line for an intro on a forum that has had several hundred thousand of them over the years :smile:

phinds said:
Yeah, it's tough to come up with a new line for an intro on a forum that has had several hundred thousand of them over the years :smile:

Yeah, about 3x1014 possible for English alphabet plus space and hyphen (28 chars) and a 10 character name. :))
(Someone else can find the pronounceable subset.)