What are the best resources for computational physics in condensed matter?

• Thread starter phun_physics
  • Start date
In summary, the best resources for computational physics in condensed matter include textbooks such as "Introduction to Computational Physics" by Tao Pang and "Computational Methods for Physics" by Joel Franklin, as well as online resources like the National High Magnetic Field Laboratory's Condensed Matter Theory and Computation group website and the Journal of Computational Physics. Additionally, joining online communities and forums, attending conferences and workshops, and collaborating with other researchers can also be valuable resources for computational physics in condensed matter.
phun_physics
How did you find PF?
A simple google search for a physics forum guided me to this website :)
I am an undergraduate at Purdue University majoring in physics and minoring in computer science. I like to be skeptical of things and be able to convince myself that things are indeed true. Especially with physics, it is easy to just take some formula and say "Yes that is true because I found it in a book ". I try my best to find more details and physics withing things such as formulas ect. Well there is my philosophy of physics, but still what works best is a conversation to help and challenge ideas. This is the perfect place.

This summer I am doing some things on computation methods to approximate many body problems in condensed matter. Honestly I still don't know too much about any of this sooo... Ill be asking questions and reading alot!

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!

There's an interesting site

www.compadre.org/osp

that contains many programs and java frameworks related to computational physics.

Likes phun_physics