What are the current research topics in mathematical physics?

• Thread starter XCodeX
  • Start date
In summary, mathematical physics is an interdisciplinary field that combines mathematical methods and concepts with physical theories to study the laws of nature and explain physical phenomena. Current research topics in this field include quantum mechanics, general relativity, string theory, and condensed matter physics. There is also a growing focus on applying mathematical techniques to complex systems, such as biological and social systems, to better understand their behavior. Other areas of interest include cosmology, particle physics, and mathematical modeling of physical systems. Overall, mathematical physics continues to be a vibrant and evolving field, with ongoing research and discoveries pushing the boundaries of our understanding of the physical world.
XCodeX
How did you find PF?
google
Hi Everyone. My name is Karim. I am PhD student at university of Alberta. I am studying algebraic geometry/complex geometry. As I am interested in geometry I am also interested to contribute to mathematical physics. In particular very interested in the areas of quantum computers, string theory, condensed matter, and cosmology. I just began this journey this month. In mathematics more specifically in algebraic geometry I am interested in algebraic cycles, Hodge theory, and regulators.

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PhysicsForums, Karim. It's great to have you here. :smile:

Likes XCodeX