What are the benefits of pursuing a career in theoretical physics?

• Thread starter mayank pathak
  • Start date
In summary, pursuing a career in theoretical physics offers numerous benefits, including the opportunity to explore and understand the fundamental laws of the universe, the chance to make groundbreaking discoveries and advancements in the field, and the potential for high-paying and prestigious job opportunities. Additionally, theoretical physicists have the satisfaction of constantly learning and challenging their minds, as well as the ability to collaborate with brilliant minds from around the world. Overall, a career in theoretical physics can be intellectually stimulating, financially rewarding, and have a significant impact on our understanding of the world.
mayank pathak
Hi,
I am Mayank, a CS undergrad, working as a software developer. My mature academic career started with an intense desire to learn (understand deeply) Maths/Physics. So, I took PCM(Physics/Chemistry/Maths) in higher-secondary curriculum. But I chose Computer Science in university because ... i don't know ... that's what you do in India if you have a good JEE rank. Now, I am really bored of this software/corporate job(i have tried enough but i don't seem to like it) and want to pursue my original passion - Theoretical Physics side by side. I don't have a particular career goal regarding this; I just want to truly understand everything from Newtonian mechanics to String theory.

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the PF, Mayank. :smile:

Check out our Academic Guidance and Career Guidance forums -- you should find some interesting reading in there. :smile:

berkeman said:
Welcome to the PF, Mayank. :smile:

Check out our Academic Guidance and Career Guidance forums -- you should find some interesting reading in there. :smile: