What are the benefits and risks of nuclear energy?

• Thread starter AndrewAndrew
  • Start date
In summary, nuclear energy has the potential to provide a significant amount of clean and reliable energy, making it a desirable alternative to fossil fuels. However, there are also numerous risks associated with nuclear energy, including the potential for accidents and the long-term storage of radioactive waste. Additionally, the production and disposal of nuclear materials can also pose environmental and health concerns. Ultimately, the benefits and risks of nuclear energy must be carefully evaluated and weighed in order to make informed decisions about its use.
AndrewAndrew
How did you find PF?
A google search trying to find others with knowledge on the topic.
I am a student at high school who just finished a paper about nuclear energy and I really learned a lot from it. I found the topic interesting and really enjoyed learning about it. I now am searching out more people who know about it and as much information as I can fins while having good discussion to further my perspective of nuclear energy.

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PhysicsForums! :smile:

Initially I am actually for nuclear energy but I am open to discussion for or against that thought and would like to hear others opinions about the topic

Likes etotheipi
This thread here is for introductions only. Discussions happen in the other forums, like in the Nuclear Power thread that you replied to today. :smile: