What are some ways to use a motion platform for a flight simulator?

• Thread starter FernandoMP
  • Start date
In summary, a motion platform can be used in a flight simulator to provide a more immersive experience by mimicking the movements and sensations of an actual aircraft. This can be achieved through the use of hydraulics, motors, or pneumatic systems to simulate pitch, roll, and yaw movements, as well as vibrations and turbulence. Motion platforms can also be integrated with visual and audio systems to create a realistic and dynamic simulation. Other uses of motion platforms in flight simulators include training pilots for emergency situations, testing aircraft designs, and entertainment purposes.
FernandoMP
Hello guys.
First of all, thanks for this space.
I need to be frank.. I am horrible at Physics, or I would'nt be signing up to a Physics Forum... LOL.
I am a Physical Security Professional, ( this is as far as I take the word Physics in a professional way) and I have a few personal projects as a Hobby. The most significant one is a Motion Platform to be used on my flight simulator.
I would like to participate on this Forum in a reciprocal manner as to collect technical information to build this device.

Thanks All.

Cheers!

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!