What are some great ideas for inquiry and problem based learning in science?

• Thread starter bkreutzer
  • Start date
In summary, inquiry and problem-based learning in science involves encouraging students to ask questions, explore and investigate real-world problems, and develop critical thinking skills. Some great ideas for implementing this approach include using hands-on experiments and projects, incorporating technology and multimedia resources, promoting collaboration and teamwork, and connecting learning to students' interests and experiences. Other effective strategies include using open-ended questions and providing opportunities for students to design their own investigations. By engaging students in inquiry and problem-solving, this approach can foster a deeper understanding and appreciation for science subjects.
bkreutzer
How did you find PF?
Google search on the speed of light
Hi, my name is Beth Kreutzer. I have traditionally have been a life science teacher but last year I started teaching some physical science and love it. I need all of the resources and ideas I can get. I love to do inquiry based and problem based learning so please let me know any great ideas that I can share in class.

Likes Greg Bernhardt, sysprog, PeroK and 1 other person
Physics news on Phys.org
Hello and :welcome: !

Sounds interesting. Our forums work as a database as well, so come in and look around.

Likes sysprog
bkreutzer said:
How did you find PF?: Google search on the speed of light

I love to do inquiry based and problem based learning so please let me know any great ideas that I can share in class.
Welcome to PF, Beth. It's good to have you here. :smile:

Be sure to check out the Education areas of PF, especially the "Educators and Teaching" subforum. We get a number of threads there involving suggestions for projects and presentations and similar:

https://www.physicsforums.com/#science-education-and-careers.35

Likes sysprog and phinds