What are Some Favorite Firefox Extensions?

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Firefox
In summary, Firefox has many popular extensions that enhance its functionality and user experience. Some of the most highly rated extensions include AdBlock Plus, which blocks unwanted ads and pop-ups; LastPass, a password manager that securely stores and autofills passwords; and Grammarly, a tool that checks spelling and grammar in online forms and documents. Other popular extensions include Honey, which automatically finds and applies coupons when shopping online; Dark Reader, which enables dark mode for websites; and Pocket, which allows users to save articles and videos for later viewing. Overall, these Firefox extensions offer a range of useful features for a smoother and more personalized browsing experience.
Computer science news on Phys.org
Well, the weather here is always the same, so weatherfox doesn't interest me.

I use AdBlock, LiveHTTPHeaders, BugMeNot (this one is great!), and a few others.

- Warren

Delicioius Delicacies, all the way. It just replaces the new description of cookies (Cookies are bits of information that store login information...) with the original description: Cookies are delicious delicacies. :)

Adblock is okay, I prefer the userContent.css way of killing ads though:
http://texturizer.net/firefox/adblock.html

Last edited by a moderator:
I use the extension on Mozilla's database which opens all links in a new tab, instead of a new window.

It's great! :biggrin:

Web Developer, DOM Inspector, Print

I use,
DOM inspector 1.0
AdBlock v.5 d2
Web Developer 0.8
Image Zoom 0.1.2 :wink:

-- AI

Related to What are Some Favorite Firefox Extensions?

What are some popular Firefox extensions?

Some popular Firefox extensions include Adblock Plus, LastPass, Grammarly, Honey, and uBlock Origin.

How can I find and install Firefox extensions?

You can find and install Firefox extensions by clicking on the menu button in the top right corner, selecting "Add-ons," then clicking on the "Extensions" tab. From there, you can browse and search for extensions and click on "Add to Firefox" to install them.

What is the purpose of Firefox extensions?

The purpose of Firefox extensions is to enhance the functionality and customization of the Firefox browser. They can add new features, improve browsing experience, and increase productivity.

Are Firefox extensions safe to use?

Most Firefox extensions are safe to use, as they go through a review process by Mozilla before being made available. However, it is always important to read reviews and check the permissions of an extension before installing it to ensure it is safe.

Can I create my own Firefox extension?

Yes, you can create your own Firefox extension using the WebExtensions API. This allows developers to write extensions that work across multiple browsers, including Firefox. Mozilla provides documentation and resources to help developers create their own extensions.