Welcome! 2nd Year BSc Physics/Astrophysics Student

In summary, Nylex has just joined PF and is looking forward to the community and all the help and support it has to offer.
Nylex
Hi all, I've just joined this place. It looks really active here :biggrin:. I'm about to start the 2nd year of a BSc Physics and Astrophysics degree.

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome aboard, mate ! :smile: And don't forget your cereal ! :wink:

Nylex said:
Hi all, I've just joined this place. It looks really active here :biggrin:. I'm about to start the 2nd year of a BSc Physics and Astrophysics degree.

Astrophysics, second year. For me that was when the s... really hit the fan. Twenty years ago we had to figure out Alt and Az from RA and dec using charts and calculators. That's all I remember doing in my Observational Astro class. Now it's all done on computers! You lucky sod.

Welocome to PF Nylex!

I am sure you will find a lot of help and support here. :smile:

You have your choice of cereal or fish. :biggrin:

Evo said:
You have your choice of cereal or fish. :biggrin:

I didn't know we could get cereal. That must have been one of the upgrades. It's good to know that PF offers a "cruelty free" snack option now. :approve:

oh, and - Howdy Nylex! - welcome to PF!

Welcome Nylex! I think you'll enjoy PF, just watch out for jimmy p.
:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

Math Is Hard said:
I didn't know we could get cereal. That must have been one of the upgrades.

Macs only :-p

Chi Meson said:
Macs only :-p

Dang! I knew it!
And since I installed XP Service Pack 2 I can't even get the fish! :mad:

photon said:
Welcome Nylex! I think you'll enjoy PF, just watch out for jimmy p.
:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

I will say it again. It isn't Jimmy you have to watch out for. :devil: It is his family. HEHEHE :biggrin: :devil:

The Bob (2004 ©)

P.S. Welcome Nylex. Watch out for Photon. Like my old dad used to say: You get the fertiliser, I'll get the rose clippers. :smile:

Last edited:
Thanks everyone :smile:.

Related to Welcome! 2nd Year BSc Physics/Astrophysics Student

What is the purpose of this course?

The purpose of this course is to provide students with a solid foundation in the fundamental principles and theories of physics and astrophysics. It will also introduce students to the scientific research process and develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills.

What topics will be covered in this course?

This course will cover a wide range of topics including classical mechanics, electromagnetism, thermodynamics, quantum mechanics, astrophysics, and cosmology. It will also include hands-on laboratory experiments and projects to apply theoretical concepts.

What are the prerequisites for this course?

The prerequisites for this course are typically a high school level of mathematics and physics. It is recommended for students to have a strong understanding of algebra, trigonometry, and calculus before enrolling in this course.

What are the career opportunities for a physics/astrophysics student?

There are many career opportunities for physics and astrophysics students. Some common career paths include research and development, data analysis, engineering, teaching, and science communication. Many graduates also pursue further studies in graduate or professional programs.

How can I succeed in this course?

To succeed in this course, it is important to attend all lectures and actively participate in class discussions and activities. It is also crucial to complete all assignments and study regularly. Building a strong understanding of the fundamental concepts and seeking help from professors and peers when needed can also contribute to success in this course.