Wearing a Dress at Lunch Break: Unexpected Reaction

• Thread starter Smurf
  • Start date
In summary, the person wearing the dress sparkled in the rain, but caused a stir on campus. They said that it was a fashion statement/rebellion against the status quo/judging peoples reaction/ect.
Smurf
I changed into it during lunch break and wore it to my afternoon classes. Stired up quite a bit of controversy, the reaction wasn't quite as bad as I expected, although I suppose a good number of people wouldn't mind hurting me now, I really expected it to be a lot worse. :rolleyes:

Physics news on Phys.org
Did you shave the hair off your legs too? :-p

No I didn't I realized that after I'd put it on. :-p

:eek: :smile: no

Does this mean you're coming out of the closet, or that you lost a bet? :-p

Neither, I was making a fashion statement/rebellion against the status quo/judging peoples reaction/ect.

takes more than a dress to stir up a reaction.
I went to the store the other night in my pajama bottoms. I had shoes socks and a shirt on. It was raining and I ran from the truck to the store and my penis popped out the slit in the front of the pjs. It dragged in the puddles, then I tripped over it and... okay that's not true, I did pop out though. the official walmart greeter saw a bit more than she was expecting, but I was able to cover up and reinsert myself quickly. Should have bought underwear while I was there.

lmao tribdog, you're stealing my thunder!

tribdog said:
takes more than a dress to stir up a reaction.
I went to the store the other night in my pajama bottoms. I had shoes socks and a shirt on. It was raining and I ran from the truck to the store and my penis popped out the slit in the front of the pjs. It dragged in the puddles, then I tripped over it and... okay that's not true, I did pop out though. the official walmart greeter saw a bit more than she was expecting, but I was able to cover up and reinsert myself quickly. Should have bought underwear while I was there.

Sorry to inform you, but wearing PJ bottoms is already out of style. That was in a few years ago. Though, I only saw college women wearing them, not men, so I'm not sure if the fly is supposed to get sewn shut first. Can't be any worse than the kids with the pants around their knees and their boxers showing.

Smurf said:
Neither, I was making a fashion statement/rebellion against the status quo/judging peoples reaction/ect.

If you want to do that, wear a suit and tie. A dress just isn't going to cut it to get a reaction on a college campus anymore. :smile:

I'm in high school (college next year). and it's a redneck high school.
besides, I wore a suit yesterday.

Smurf said:

And did wearing the suit get a bigger reaction?

Perhaps this forum needs a 'sexy legs' competition.

Smurf said:
and it's a redneck high school.
umm.. Smurfy.. that sounds kinda dangerous. :frown: I am very familiar with redneck high schools. You be careful, ok?

Smurf, you do know that you are gay don't you? I'm not saying there is anything wrong with being gay, but don't kid yourself into believing you wore a dress for any reason other than because you wanted to look pretty.

Math Is Hard said:
umm.. Smurfy.. that sounds kinda dangerous. :frown: I am very familiar with redneck high schools. You be careful, ok?
I carry nunchucks in my backpack and know how to use em.

Smurf said:
don't you mean you carry nunchucks in your purse?

Smurf said:

Oh, now I get it! You were just looking for an excuse to use the nunchucks on a redneck! :smile:

Smurf said:
1.)you are allowed to carry concealed weapons in your school?
2.)I would never fight you, I like you, but if we were to fight I would have your butt kicked while you were still trying to unzip your backpack. nunchucks out of reach are nonechucks.
3.) I love that shade of nail polish you are wearing, what's it called?

tribdog said:
2.)I would never fight you, I like you, but if we were to fight I would have your butt kicked while you were still trying to unzip your backpack. nunchucks out of reach are nonechucks.

All this from a guy running around wearing a pink ribbon! :smile:

Did I ever tell you about my homosexual experience? I've heard most people have at least one in their life.

tribdog said:
Did I ever tell you about my homosexual experience? I've heard most people have at least one in their life.
Did it involve wearing a dress and dirtsurfing while eating hotdogs in Tennessee?

BoulderHead said:
Did it involve wearing a dress and dirtsurfing while eating hotdogs in Tennessee?
nice :cool:

I can't believe I'm getting heat from Tribdog. Have I sunk so low? :smile:

tribdog said:
1 + 2: When I said "in" I should've said "attached to", it's not zipped up, if I need them I can just reach around and yank them out, it's not concealed either and I've brought them to school on 4 or 5 occasions and never had any trouble with them before, so as long as I don't attack people with them...
It's mainly a deterant :cool:

3: You mean black? do you want some?

Moonbear said:
Oh, now I get it! You were just looking for an excuse to use the nunchucks on a redneck! :smile:
awww shucks, I've been discovered!

Smurf said:
the reaction wasn't quite as bad as I expected, although I suppose a good number of people wouldn't mind hurting me now, I really expected it to be a lot worse. :rolleyes:
Why, didn't the shoes match?

I saw a thin wasted guy with long hair and black nail polish wearing a long black laced dress with platform shoes a couple of days ago in the subway. So that was you Smurfee :eek: :-p .

Polly said:
I saw a thin wasted guy with long hair and black nail polish wearing a long black laced dress with platform shoes a couple of days ago in the subway. So that was you Smurfee :eek: :-p .

Hey! Next time buy your own dress Smurf, no raiding my closet for your antics! :smile: :smile:

Smurf said:

yep. your a dead man :smile:

Did you take photos?
If no, why not?

Smurf said:
I can't believe I'm getting heat from Tribdog.

I think you're learning that a lot of men get uncomfortably hot at the sight/thought of bloke in a dress. Then they have to figure out whether their raised heart rate signals fear, hate, or excitement. I would guess that most hillbillies will go for option 2 in front of their buddies, and options 1&3 over dinner. Anyway, Valentines Day is coming soon, which might be interesting this year. :biggrin:

What did you wear today, smurf? (In addition to your strategically placed nunchucks, which I find go well with any ensemble, but are very well suited to chiffon jumpers and patton leather pumps.) :biggrin:

If you really want to shock, you could go naked except for the nunchucks.

First of all, no one in their right mind would mess with a naked guy with nunchucks.

Second, think of the comments you might get, such as "Hey look at the guy with three nunchucks!...oops my mistake, only two." :biggrin:

Artman said:
What did you wear today, smurf? (In addition to your strategically placed nunchucks, which I find go well with any ensemble, but are very well suited to chiffon jumpers and patton leather pumps.) :biggrin:
Black Jeans, black shirt, brown leather jacket, steel-toed nazi-like boots that I borrowed from my sister (she's "punk" :smile: ), and I hung the chucks from my belt instead with this sort of L shaped clip thing I found in my closet - No Idea what its off of.

Overall I thought I looked quite tough.

I plan on going in full camo gear first day of the second semester. Not as much 'shock' value, but I already have everything.