We live in very interesting times

• Thread starter Mathnomalous
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Interesting
In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of witnessing key events in human history, including a 3rd world war, a 2nd American Revolution, the first female US President, the first person walking on Mars, and the discovery of extraterrestrial life. The likelihood of these events varies, with some being more likely than others. The conversation also touches on the potential for a world epidemic and the limitations of the US's power in enforcing democracy.
"Be the change you want to see in the world"

-Ghandi

Instead of doing something, you sit on an online forum and complain :smile:.

Physics news on Phys.org
:redface:

In my defense, threatening to overthrow the government or put wealthy people under the guillotine are frowned upon in modern times. "Good" citizens are expected to debate the issues peacefully and to vote. Citizens who challenge the status quo are generally considered to be "bad" citizens by The Powers That Be and immediately tased.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bVa6jn4rpE

I do not want to be tased, bro. At least, not yet. :wink:

You could get lucky and be shot with rubber bullets or have the joys of mace-in-your-face instead. Batons and riot shields can make a fair mess too!

Instead of doing something that might be dangerous or frowned upon due to social etiquette, you could anonymously hide on the internet and tweet about the injustices of the world or log into Warcraft and release your pent up anger by slaying a dragon. :smile:.

mheslep said:
All of which are very different from world wars.

I was addressing Lisa's point which was about wars in the third world, not world wars. (My numbers did not exclude non-third-world wars but the probabilities would be similar.)

Zryn said:
You could get lucky and be shot with rubber bullets or have the joys of mace-in-your-face instead. Batons and riot shields can make a fair mess too!

Instead of doing something that might be dangerous or frowned upon due to social etiquette, you could anonymously hide on the internet and tweet about the injustices of the world or log into Warcraft and release your pent up anger by slaying a dragon. :smile:.

I fire my electronic bullets on Reddit. I quit Warcraft 3 years ago... damn Blizzard and their nerfs. I am just a poor, young family man daydreaming about future possibilities. There is not much else goings on in the lives of people at my socioeconomic level; we only have family and future goals as inspiration (those two inspirations are more than excellent). Still, it never hurts to think about great things one might experience.

Who knows? Maybe my son will win a Nobel Prize! :smile: