Vitamin C for Sore Muscles After Isometric Workouts

• Thread starter Topher925
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Protein
In summary: Chocolate milk and Surge Recovery?In summary, this study found that antioxidant supplementation does not prevent exercise-induced lipid peroxidation, muscle damage, or inflammation. It also found that cortisol levels increased more from pre- to postsupplementation period in the PLA group.
russ_watters said:
My point is that is it even possible to get just protein? I'm not a big weightlifter, but I've never seen a suppliment that was protein only. Can you show me an example of a product that can deliver 225g in 900 cal?

There are supplements that are somewhat close to all protein. However most people who take in large quantities of protein eat a lot of boneless skinless chicken breast. That is almost entirely protein. Depending on the exact cut and brand you can get some that have only trace amounts of fat.

Physics news on Phys.org
A 40%/40%/20% or 40/30/30 P/C/F ration at 500 calories above maintenance and you should be good on protein. At least this is what my body builder friends tell me, and judging by their bodies I'm going to guess they know what they're doing.

In other words: watch your macros.

You want some muscle pain? Work out your calves really hard. The next week will make you wish you were born without legs.
After that you'll realize any other muscle pain you have is mild in comparison.