Venn diagram and table word problem Help

In summary, the speaker is seeking help with constructing a Venn diagram using data from two news articles or research reports with tables similar to the ones on the second page of the attached pdf. The speaker mentions using statistics from the CDC's Zika virus data but is unsure how to use it to create three overlapping sets for the diagram. They are asking for assistance and explaining that their previous attempts have been unsuccessful.
bke0712
I have started and stopped doing this 10x bc i keep doing it wrong. Can someone please help!

Question:
Find two news articles or research reports with a table similar to the ones on the second page of the attached pdf of a group activity used in my F2F sections. You are to draw a Venn Diagram to represent the data in each table. Use proper tools to make your diagrams, they may be done with via word processing or by hand. You must include your tables with your diagrams.

View attachment 5772I wanted to use these statistics

http://www.cdc.gov/zika/geo/united-states.html

Please help!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-07-20 at 6.27.03 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-07-20 at 6.27.03 PM.png
    21.2 KB · Views: 55
Physics news on Phys.org
Your image is not legible enough to understand how a table is used to construct a Venn diagram. For such diagram, you need (typically) three overlapping sets. It is not clear how the data on the Zika virus provides such three sets.

It may help if you describe what you tried and why you thought it was wrong.

Related to Venn diagram and table word problem Help

1. What is a Venn diagram and how is it used in word problems?

A Venn diagram is a visual representation of sets or groups of objects. It consists of overlapping circles that show the common and unique elements between the groups. In word problems, Venn diagrams are used to organize and analyze information to find relationships and patterns between different groups.

2. How do I create a Venn diagram for a word problem?

To create a Venn diagram for a word problem, you first need to identify the different groups or categories mentioned in the problem. Then, draw overlapping circles to represent each group and label them accordingly. Finally, fill in the circles with the given information from the problem to complete the diagram.

3. What is the purpose of using a table in addition to a Venn diagram in a word problem?

A table can be used in addition to a Venn diagram to organize and display numerical data. It can also be used to show the relationships between the different groups in the problem. Tables can be especially helpful when there are a large number of data points or when comparing multiple sets of data.

4. How can I use a Venn diagram and table together to solve a word problem?

First, use the Venn diagram to identify the relationships and patterns between the different groups in the problem. Then, use the table to organize and analyze the numerical data associated with each group. By combining the information from both the Venn diagram and the table, you can solve the word problem more efficiently and accurately.

5. Are there any tips for solving word problems using Venn diagrams and tables?

Some tips for solving word problems using Venn diagrams and tables include: carefully reading and understanding the problem, identifying the different groups or categories mentioned, labeling the Venn diagram and table accurately, and checking your work for errors. It can also be helpful to use different colors or symbols to represent the data in the Venn diagram and table to make it easier to understand and follow the problem.