User Profile Mystery: 10 Threads I Never Started!

• Thread starter cepheid
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Issues
Or maybe someone hacked your account and posted under your name. Either way, you should contact the forum admin to resolve this issue. In summary, the user discovered several threads on their profile that they did not start, leading to suspicion of identity theft or hacking. They are advised to contact the forum admin for assistance.
cepheid
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
When I clicked on my own user name on one of my posts and was taken to my profile, I checked out the "view threads started by cepheid" link. Included in the list are 10 or so threads in the sub forum "Technology News".

I never started any of these threads

What's going on?

:eek:

Physics news on Phys.org
Someone has stolen your identity. Or you are a compulsive liar.

PM Greg about it. If someone is posting under your identity (do you post from public computers where you may have forgotten to log out?), then he needs to know about it to help you clear up the problem.

Very strange, especially since 9 of the threads were created on 8-28-04 at 9:53pm. That's one fast typist! :biggrin:

Last edited:
Gremlins :eek:

cepheid said:
I never started any of these threads

Maybe you just don't remember starting them.

Related to User Profile Mystery: 10 Threads I Never Started!

1. What is the "User Profile Mystery" about?

The "User Profile Mystery" refers to a phenomenon where users notice threads on their online profiles that they did not create or start. These threads often have content that the user has no knowledge of and can sometimes be inappropriate or spammy in nature.

2. How common is the "User Profile Mystery"?

The frequency of the "User Profile Mystery" varies depending on the platform and user. Some users may experience it frequently, while others may never encounter it. It is generally more common on social media platforms and forums with large user bases.

3. Why does the "User Profile Mystery" occur?

The exact reason for the "User Profile Mystery" is not fully understood. It could be due to a technical glitch, hacking, or malicious activity by other users. In some cases, it could also be a result of the user accidentally clicking on a link or accepting a friend request from a suspicious source.

4. Is the "User Profile Mystery" a security concern?

In most cases, the "User Profile Mystery" is not a security concern. However, it is always recommended to be cautious and report any suspicious activity to the platform's support team. It is also essential to regularly review and update privacy settings to prevent unauthorized access to your profile.

5. How can the "User Profile Mystery" be resolved?

The best way to resolve the "User Profile Mystery" is to report it to the platform's support team. They can investigate the issue and take necessary actions to remove the unauthorized threads from your profile. It is also advisable to change your password and review your account's security settings to prevent future occurrences.