Unexpected Adventures: Taking a Cab Home After Too Many Holiday Cocktails

• Thread starter alw34
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Home
In summary, a co-worker and I had a late lunch meeting and ended up drinking wine. We don't remember what we ate or what was so funny, but it was a great time. We went home and didn't want to be seen at work so we left.
alw34
A few days ago I was out for an evening and had several holiday cocktails followed by some rather nice red wine. Feeling jolly I still had the sense to know that I might have been slightly over the limit. That's when I did something that I've never done before - I took a cab home.
Sure enough, on the way home there was a police road block, but since it was a cab they waved it past. I arrived home safely without incident. This was a real surprise, as I had never driven a cab before, I don't know where I got it and now that it's in my garage I don't know what to do with it.

Likes CalcNerd, Evo, Borg and 1 other person
Physics news on Phys.org
I can't wait the follow up joke...
the one where the person realizes they left their own car somewhere.

Ok it's not a joke but...

Some years ago I worked for a company that had a relaxed attitude to drinking. It was traditional to go out for "lunch" at a local Pub (aka bar) on a Friday. On one occasion we met up with a member of the sales team who I'd best call "Jim" and after a hearty "lunch" we all walked the short distance back to the office. Later that day Jim went to the car park to go home and found his company car missing. The security officer advised him to report it to the police who, for once, said they would send someone to take a written statement. It was as the police were getting out of their car he remembered that he'd driven to the Pub at lunchtime.

CWatters, so glad you posted that...brought back a fond memory.

One time during holiday season a co worker and I went out for a very late 'luncheon meeting'. Who knows, we might have actually discussed something related to work...but not for long ...never laughed more.

I don't remember what we ate, nor what was so funny, but that bottle of wine was fabulous...we decided we'd better NOT be seen back at the office and so we both went home.

Related to Unexpected Adventures: Taking a Cab Home After Too Many Holiday Cocktails

1. What are the potential risks of taking a cab home after drinking too much during the holiday season?

There are several potential risks associated with taking a cab home after consuming too many holiday cocktails. These include getting into an accident due to impaired judgement, being robbed or assaulted by the driver or other passengers, and getting lost or taken advantage of by the driver due to being in a vulnerable state.

2. How can I ensure my safety when taking a cab home after drinking during the holidays?

To ensure your safety, it is important to plan ahead and choose a reputable and licensed cab company. Make sure to have the number of the company saved in your phone and verify the driver's identification before getting into the cab. Let a friend or family member know your route and estimated arrival time. Trust your instincts and don't hesitate to get out of the cab if you feel uncomfortable.

3. Is it safe to take a cab home alone after drinking during the holiday season?

It is generally safer to take a cab home alone after drinking during the holiday season than it is to drive yourself. However, there are still risks involved, especially for women. It is always best to have a friend or family member accompany you, or to at least let someone know your plans.

4. Can I trust the cab driver to take me home safely after drinking during the holidays?

While most cab drivers are trustworthy and dedicated to their profession, there have been instances of drivers taking advantage of intoxicated passengers. To ensure your safety, it is important to choose a reputable and licensed cab company, verify the driver's identification, and stay alert during the ride.

5. Are there any alternatives to taking a cab home after drinking too much during the holiday season?

Yes, there are several alternatives to taking a cab home after drinking too much during the holiday season. These include using a ride-sharing service, public transportation, or designating a sober driver. It is always best to plan ahead and have a backup plan in case you are unable to drive yourself home safely.