Troubleshooting YouTube: Can't Open Site for 2 Days? Get Help Now!

• Thread starter Ephratah7
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Youtube
In summary, the speaker has been unable to access YouTube for two days and suspects it may be due to a virus or technical issue. They suggest clearing cookies and checking security settings, and provide links to support forums for further assistance.
Ephratah7
How come? it's been two days...
i don't know what happened. maybe one of my siblings did something but they won't even tell. will someone please help me?
youtube is the only site i can't open.

It says the connection was reset. blah blah blah...
well??

Physics news on Phys.org
Hmm connection was reset? I was having a similar problem with various sites a while back and it turned out I had I virus...or atleast I think. It cleared itself up after a virus scan that got rid of 90+ infections my PC had.

If not try the basic going to internet options and clearing of the cookies, temp files, ect ect. Check the security settings and the blocked sites...I can't think of much else that would be of help though sorry.

This happens to people once in a while for some reason. Here's a support forum with one possible solution.

http://support.mozilla.com/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?locale=fr&comments_parentId=433678&forumId=1

Another source:

http://forums.techguy.org/web-email/686344-connection-reset-certain-websites.html

Last edited by a moderator:

Related to Troubleshooting YouTube: Can't Open Site for 2 Days? Get Help Now!

What could be the reason for not being able to open YouTube?

There could be several reasons for this issue. It could be due to a slow or unstable internet connection, browser compatibility issues, or a problem with the YouTube server. It is also possible that your device's settings or security software are blocking access to YouTube.

How can I fix the problem of not being able to open YouTube?

First, try refreshing the page or clearing your browser's cache and cookies. If that doesn't work, check your internet connection and make sure it is stable. You can also try using a different browser or device. If the problem persists, contact your internet service provider or YouTube for further assistance.

Is there a way to access YouTube without using a browser?

Yes, you can download the YouTube app on your smartphone or tablet, or use a desktop application such as YouTube Desktop or Free YouTube Downloader. These alternatives allow you to access YouTube content without using a browser.

Why am I able to open other websites but not YouTube?

This could be due to YouTube being temporarily down or experiencing technical difficulties. It could also be a regional issue, as YouTube may be blocked in certain countries. Additionally, if you are using a school or work network, the site may be restricted by the network administrator.

Is there a way to prevent this issue from happening in the future?

To prevent future issues with opening YouTube, make sure your internet connection is stable and your browser is up to date. You can also try disabling any ad blockers or security software that may be interfering with the site. It is also a good idea to regularly clear your browser's cache and cookies to avoid any technical glitches.