Troubleshooting Local Network Connectivity Issues

In summary, the conversation is about a problem where computer A can ping computer B, but computer B cannot ping computer A. Firewalls are not the issue and the speaker is unable to set up a shared folder from computer B's sharing wizard. The issue remains vague and complicated, with the speaker unable to access shared folders and experiencing conflicting ping results.
djeipa
Do you know why computer A can ping computer B but computer B can't ping computer A ? Firewalls on or off in this local cable sharing are not a problem. Just now that I can't do things like setting up [\\computerAName\ASharedFolder] from computer B's sharing widzard anymore. How can i fix this problem ? Thanks in advance

Computer science news on Phys.org
That's honestly a very vague description for a very complicated system where a million things can go wrong. So you can access computer A (\\compA) from computer B, but not (\\compB) from computer A?

No, they can't look at each others shared folders, err message says "it doesn't appear to be a valid folder,pls specify another one", and B can ping A but A can't ping B.

What happens with both I don't understand/

Last edited:

Related to Troubleshooting Local Network Connectivity Issues

1. What is local networking?

Local networking refers to the process of connecting multiple devices within a specific geographic area, such as an office, building, or campus, in order to share information and resources.

2. How does local networking work?

Local networking uses various technologies, such as Ethernet or Wi-Fi, to establish a connection between devices. This allows the devices to communicate with each other and share data and resources.

3. What are the benefits of local networking?

Local networking allows for efficient communication and collaboration between devices, making it easier to share files, printers, and other resources. It also allows for easier access to the internet and other network-based services.

4. What are some common types of local networking?

Some common types of local networking include Local Area Networks (LANs), which connect devices within a small area, and Wireless Local Area Networks (WLANs), which use wireless technology to connect devices.

5. How can I set up a local network?

To set up a local network, you will need a router, which serves as the central point of connection for all devices. You will also need Ethernet cables or a Wi-Fi network adapter for each device. Follow the instructions provided by your router manufacturer to set up the network.