I am trying to run the avira and malware bytes in safe mode

• Thread starter gtguhoij
  • Start date
  • Tags
    bytes Mode
In summary, the first method of accessing safe mode does not work and the second method involves using msconfig to enable safe mode, but does not provide internet access. Safe mode is designed to not start any services, including internet access. The F4 function key can be used to access safe mode during restart. To scan for malware, bootable disks or portable versions of Windows can be used to scan offline.
gtguhoij
TL;DR Summary
I am trying to run the avira and malware bytes in safe mode but it doesn't work.
The first method doesn't work. The second method does work but I can't run avira and malware bytes. Can someone help? First method
I hold the shift button and click the restart button.

I click on troubleshoot then click on advance objects then I click on see more recovery options.

The problem is instead of saying Start-up settings it says system image recovery.

What do I do to fix this?

Second method
Windows - Accessing Safe Mode using msconfig

Click the Start button.

Type msconfig and press enter.

In the Boot tab, click the checkbox next to Safe Mode.

If you need to use the internet while in Safe Mode, click Network.

Click Okay.

Your computer will now boot in Safe Mode each time its turned on.
This works but the internet doe not work.

Computer science news on Phys.org
gtguhoij said:
This works but the internet doe not work.
No, this is by design. Safe mode does not start up any services, and Internet access is a service.
gtguhoij said:
I click on troubleshoot then click on advance objects then I click on see more recovery options.

The problem is instead of saying Start-up settings it says system image recovery.
Again, that is by design, To start in safe mode, you press the F4 function key repeatedly after restart (at least I think it is F4, I haven't done it for at least 5 years). This brings up a menu where safe mode boot is an option.

I'm assuming you think you may have malware. The big AV providers provide "bootable" disks you can use which will run everything offline so anything on the computer can't interfere with it. Alternatively if you can find a portable version of Windows you can also run "portable / doesn't require install" version of scanners so you can again scan offline as such.

Likes jim mcnamara

1. How do I run Avira and Malwarebytes in safe mode?

In order to run Avira and Malwarebytes in safe mode, you will need to first restart your computer and tap the F8 key repeatedly before the Windows logo appears. This will bring up the Advanced Boot Options menu. From there, choose "Safe Mode with Networking" and press Enter. Once your computer has booted up in safe mode, you can open Avira and Malwarebytes and run scans as you normally would.

2. Why is it recommended to run antivirus and anti-malware programs in safe mode?

Running these programs in safe mode allows them to scan your computer without any interference from other programs or processes that may be running in the background. This can provide a more thorough and accurate scan, as well as potentially remove any malicious files that may be difficult to remove while in normal mode.

3. Can I update Avira and Malwarebytes in safe mode?

No, you will not be able to update these programs while in safe mode. In order to update them, you will need to boot your computer back into normal mode and then run the updates. Once the updates are complete, you can restart your computer and boot back into safe mode to run scans.

4. Will running Avira and Malwarebytes in safe mode fix all of my computer's issues?

Running these programs in safe mode can help to identify and remove any viruses or malware that may be causing issues on your computer. However, it may not fix all of your computer's issues, as there could be other underlying problems that require different solutions.

5. How often should I run Avira and Malwarebytes in safe mode?

This ultimately depends on your personal preference and the state of your computer. If you suspect that your computer may be infected, it is recommended to run these programs in safe mode at least once a week. However, if your computer is running smoothly and you have not encountered any issues, you may choose to run them less frequently.