Transferring OUT of Engineering

In summary, the speaker is looking for suggestions on transferring credits from their engineering courses and NOLS program towards an online school. They also want to prioritize graduating quickly and being able to take courses that interest them. The suggestion is to consider finishing their degree part-time at night at a school like CU-Denver.
sspeak
Is there anything engineering credits can count towards? I have 85 hours of Colo Mines Engineering core classes; none major specific. I also have 19 hours through University of Utah through NOLS; most of which are at the 300 level (see below).

I have everything I need right now-ideal job offer, etc. Mines will take 3+ years to graduate since I struggle with the math so much. And that job may be gone by then. However, my credit doesn't appear to transfer anywhere. I want to transfer into an online school and just get this done with; any suggestions? Contact info of a counselor would be great. General studies at places like UND are my only hit so far.

Priorities are:

1) Graduate quickly (takes credit, online, self-paced, etc)

2) Freedom to take what I'm interested in

Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
If you already have the job you want then maybe you can finish your degree part time at night. I know Mines fairly well and I know that probably won't fly there but CU-Denver might work well for your situation. There are many night and online classes there to cater to non-traditional students. Good luck.

Related to Transferring OUT of Engineering

What is "transferring out of engineering" and why do people do it?

"Transferring out of engineering" refers to the process of changing your major or career path from engineering to a different field. People may do this for a variety of reasons, such as realizing that their interests lie elsewhere, finding that they are not as passionate about engineering as they thought, or facing challenges in their engineering coursework.

Can I still have a successful career if I transfer out of engineering?

Absolutely. Transferring out of engineering does not mean that you are giving up on having a successful career. Many people find that they are much happier and more fulfilled in a different field, and that translates into better job performance and success. It's important to find a career path that aligns with your interests and strengths.

Will transferring out of engineering limit my job opportunities?

Not necessarily. While some engineering-specific job opportunities may no longer be available to you, transferring out of engineering can open up other job opportunities in a wide range of fields. Many employers value the critical thinking and problem-solving skills that engineering students develop, making them attractive candidates for a variety of jobs.

What steps should I take if I am considering transferring out of engineering?

The first step is to talk to your academic advisor or a career counselor. They can help you explore your options and make an informed decision. It's also important to research your potential new major or career path to make sure it aligns with your interests and goals. Additionally, you may need to complete certain requirements or take additional courses in order to transfer out of engineering, so make sure to plan accordingly.

Is it too late to transfer out of engineering if I am already in my junior or senior year?

It's never too late to make a change if you are unhappy in your current major or career path. However, keep in mind that transferring out of engineering later in your academic career may require you to take additional time or credits to complete your degree. It's important to carefully consider your options and make a decision that is best for you.