This is a really hard brain teaser, guys.

In summary, the man survived because he was riding in a train that didn't have smoking. If he had been riding in a non-smoking car, he would have died.
Alsdfj12
Okay, here goes. The first one to figure it out will receive an HTML code in their email address (please give me yours when you answer) that is a virtual pet.:smile: Good luck!

A man is coming from Switzerland on a train after his successful eye surgery. His eyesight was still poor, so if he had been in a NON-smoking car, he would have died.

How?

Physics news on Phys.org
Been done before.

The train goes through a tunnel, and the man thought he had gone blind until he saw the glow from the cigarettes of the other passengers.

errr, the question says it would make him die. i don't see how it can make him die by being in a different cart, he would just think he is blind but not die.

Eye sugury = successful, so he can read.

But his eyesight was poor?

From Switzerland, so German no smoking is: Rauchen verboten.

I'm supposing this one has to do with anyone who's fluent in Swiss, something along the lines of living is forbidden.

ETA: Because Απαγόρευση του καπνίσματος.

Goodness, I can think of three ways, all of them could be right. This problem has more than one solution. What's your answer?

Last edited:
"A man is coming from Switzerland on a train after his successful eye surgery. His eyesight was still poor, so if he had been in a NON-smoking car, he would have died."

using my simple mind, i would conclude it this way...

of course it would be advisable to ride in a train and let other people do the driving than take a "non-smoking car" (which i would take as a generic for travel modes like bicycle, horse - any mode which will require yourself as the driver). If he had a very bad eyesight and drove on his own, --- "he would have died".

:-)

Halfway home, the smoke irritated his eyes so badly that he got off the train in order to go back to the doctor in Switzerland. The train he had been on left the station and crashed, killing all on board.

Related to This is a really hard brain teaser, guys.

1. What is the purpose of this brain teaser?

The purpose of this brain teaser is to challenge your critical thinking skills and problem-solving abilities. It is designed to be a difficult puzzle that requires careful analysis and creative thinking to solve.

2. How do I approach solving this brain teaser?

There is no one right way to approach solving this brain teaser. However, it is important to read the instructions carefully and break the problem down into smaller parts. You may also want to brainstorm possible solutions and eliminate options that do not fit the given criteria.

3. Can I use any outside resources to help solve this brain teaser?

It is generally best to try to solve the brain teaser on your own without outside resources. However, if you are truly stuck, you may want to consult with others or do some research to gain new perspectives and insights.

4. How long should I spend trying to solve this brain teaser?

The time you spend trying to solve this brain teaser will depend on your own abilities and experience. It may take anywhere from a few minutes to several hours to solve. It is important to not get discouraged and to take breaks if needed.

5. Is there a correct answer to this brain teaser?

Yes, there is a correct answer to this brain teaser. However, it is possible that there may be multiple solutions that fit the given criteria. The important thing is to think critically and explain your thought process when providing your solution.