The Planetary Society membership?

• Thread starter Daveyzombie
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Planetary
In summary, the conversation is about the benefits of having a membership to The Planetary Society. The participants discuss the interesting things to learn from the magazines and the potential invitations to events. They also mention the different membership levels and the relative benefits based on one's budget. A link to the membership sign-up is provided and one participant recommends giving it a try.
Daveyzombie
Does anyone have a membership to The Planetary Society? How do you like it?
I'm thinking about joining the student membership. I am thinking there are interesting things to learn
from their magazines and I am hoping to get to invitations to their events--although I am not sure what
they can offer me.

https://secure.planetary.org/site/Donation2?df_id=4542&mfc_pref=T&4542.donation=form1

here is a link of what I am looking at :)

Likes 1oldman2
Physics news on Phys.org
I would recommend giving it a try, the base membership isn't all that much and they do have very informed sources. (of course the benefits are relative to the grade of membership so what they can offer besides great articles and info is a function of ones individual budget.) :smile:

Likes Daveyzombie

Related to The Planetary Society membership?

1. What is the purpose of The Planetary Society?

The Planetary Society is a non-profit organization dedicated to advancing space exploration and education, and advocating for space science and exploration funding and policy. It also focuses on promoting public engagement and support for space exploration.

2. How do I become a member of The Planetary Society?

You can become a member of The Planetary Society by signing up on their website or by phone. Membership options include annual or monthly contributions, with different membership levels and benefits.

3. What are the benefits of being a member of The Planetary Society?

As a member of The Planetary Society, you will receive a subscription to their quarterly magazine, exclusive access to member-only content and events, discounts on merchandise and events, and the satisfaction of supporting a worthy cause.

4. How does my membership contribution support The Planetary Society's mission?

Your membership contribution goes towards funding The Planetary Society's various projects and initiatives, including spacecraft missions, advocacy efforts, and educational programs. Your support also helps to raise awareness and promote public engagement in space exploration.

5. Can I make a one-time donation to The Planetary Society instead of becoming a member?

Yes, you can make a one-time donation to The Planetary Society through their website or by phone. Your donation will still go towards supporting the organization's mission and projects, but you will not receive the benefits of being a member.