The best review for everyting?

• Thread starter tolove
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Review
In summary, the speaker is starting their junior year in physics after taking a year off. They are looking for recommendations on sources or books to supplement their studies. They have a couple of months to study and are currently rereading their college textbooks. They have Physics II, Calc III, and half of Diff. Eq. left to cover. The speaker also mentions considering covering some introductory vector-calculus based EM. They have taken these classes before but have forgotten most of it. The advice given is to focus on any mathematical subjects covered so far and to prepare in advance for the challenging subject of electromagnetic theory.
tolove
I'm starting my junior year in physics after a year out of the system. What do you think are some of the best sources/books/etc for someone in my position?

I have a little under two months of time available to me.

I've been rereading my college textbooks cover to cover, and am wondering if there's something else I should throw in there. Still have Physics II, Calc III, and a half of Diff. Eq. left to cover. Anything else I should throw in there?

Physics news on Phys.org
If you're just starting out you will likely be required to take all these classes despite your self-study. However, if you've completed all these classes before and have taken time off I would recommend a heavy dose of any mathematical subjects you've covered so far.

If you have enough time I would recommend covering some introductory vector-calculus based EM because its some of the more challenging intro physics (both in terms of math and concepts) for a lot of people.

Tsunoyukami said:
If you're just starting out you will likely be required to take all these classes despite your self-study. However, if you've completed all these classes before and have taken time off I would recommend a heavy dose of any mathematical subjects you've covered so far.

If you have enough time I would recommend covering some introductory vector-calculus based EM because its some of the more challenging intro physics (both in terms of math and concepts) for a lot of people.

Yes, I've taken the classes before, but forgotten most of it. Am rereading everything, and it's going smoothly.

Thanks for the advise about EM, I remember reading that somewhere else as well. Electromagnetic theory is not fun apparently, and I am scheduled for that class. I'll try to warm up to the subject in advance.

Related to The best review for everyting?

1. What is "The best review for everything?"

"The best review for everything" is a website that provides comprehensive and unbiased reviews on a wide range of products and services. It aims to help consumers make informed decisions when purchasing items and to provide valuable insights for businesses.

2. Who can benefit from using "The best review for everything?"

Consumers who are looking to purchase a product or service can benefit from using "The best review for everything" as it provides detailed and honest reviews that can help them make informed decisions. Businesses can also benefit from the feedback and insights provided by the platform to improve their products and services.

3. How does "The best review for everything" ensure the accuracy and reliability of its reviews?

"The best review for everything" has a team of expert reviewers who thoroughly test and evaluate each product or service before writing a review. The platform also encourages users to leave their own reviews, which helps to provide a more well-rounded and diverse perspective.

4. Are the reviews on "The best review for everything" sponsored or biased?

No, "The best review for everything" does not accept payment or compensation in exchange for positive reviews. The platform maintains its objectivity and integrity by providing honest and unbiased reviews.

5. Can I trust the recommendations on "The best review for everything"?

Yes, the recommendations on "The best review for everything" are based on thorough research and testing by our team of experts. However, it is always important to consider your own needs and preferences when making a purchase decision.