Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Tab to Invite Friends [ADDED - WAITING CONFIRMATION THAT MOD WORKS]

Sudharaka

MHB Math Helper
Feb 5, 2012
Hi Everyone, (Wave)

I hope some of you may remember that once we had a special tab to introduce the forum to friends. By specifying the email address of the person whom we are inviting, an invitation can be easily sent. I think this may be a useful feature to reactivate as it is helpful in spreading the word about MHB.

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
Re: Tab to Invite Friends

Good idea! I'll see how we can get this going here at MHB.

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
Re: Tab to Invite Friends

I've searched and searched for this addition and there isn't one modification for vB4 that works only for this purpose (there was a nice one for 3.x.x). I've read that a combination of mods can be used to achieve this but it didn't work here most likely due to the recent upgrade to vB 4.2.0. I'm going to put a hold on pursuing this until the new site skin is completed and online.

By the way, there are many easy ways to share MHB through Twitter, FB and other sites. It's emailing someone through MHB that is tricky to set up.

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
Re: Tab to Invite Friends [ON HOLD]

Somehow I found a way to do this and it seems to be working. I need to edit two phrases so the register links include the referrer but it still should work for now. Feel free to test it by clicking Community -> Invite Friends. Limited to 10 invites in 7 days to avoid spam.

Now you can help spread the word to your friends and classmates that MHB exists and is welcoming new members. It only takes a minute and it is one of the best things you can do for us.