Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Suggestions for new videos

• Admin

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
Hi everyone,

I'll be making some videos periodically to make using our site easier for new users and eventually get into more advanced stuff. If you have any comments or suggestions for future videos please use this thread to let us know.

Hopefully others can make videos at some point as well.

Jameson

Sudharaka

MHB Math Helper
Feb 5, 2012
Hi everyone,

I'll be making some videos periodically to make using our site easier for new users and eventually get into more advanced stuff. If you have any comments or suggestions for future videos please use this thread to let us know.

Hopefully others can make videos at some point as well.

Jameson
Hi Jameson, :)

The videos are nice and I like them, but have a small as well as a very picky suggestion. I think using Vimeo for uploading videos will be a good choice since the adds(suggested videos) that are shown at the end of a video in Youtube is not there in Vimeo. They have a policy not to put adds at the beginning or at the end of videos. Also there will be a unique touch to the tutorial since people are not much accustomed to seeing Vimeo embeddings.

Kind Regards,
Sudharaka.

• Admin

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
Hi Sudharaka,

I've been thinking about how to use your suggestion and I think the best way would be to embed videos on MHB using Vimeo but also uploading all of the videos to our YouTube account as well. YouTube is such a popular site that it's beneficial for us to have activity on it, but I agree using Vimeo would look nicer without ads or links to other videos so I'll start using both :)

Best,
Jameson

Khelil

Aug 1, 2013
здраствуйте

I am trying to master probability theory but it is really difficult for me to apply basic principles when the problems change a lot from the usual ones (it is enough to put two urns instead of one to make find probabilities < 1), I know I am not good at all but I didn't touch math for two years. If it is possible to upload videos and tutorials on how to understand the problems and write them in mathematical way.

Thank you